Old 07-27-2004, 04:40 AM   #1
allmdm

Lightbulb local to local transfer

Hi,
i know that this can sound weird, but:

i'd love to use flashfxp to do local to local transfers. I don't think this is difficult to implement.
The file copy in windows sucks, it doesn't have any queue or list to manage, so if i have a file that's in use, i can't copy it but neither resume the failed copy operation o retry later the single file.
It happens that i have to copy lots of dirs to network folders (to backup) or to removable media (maybe slow one).
I'd love to arrange a queue (maybe i can save the list also). And with the option to update file only if it's newer it would be a nice alternative to MS Briefcase that i just don't like.

I was going to code my own solution, when i found that flashfxp is perfect... but the local to local transfer is just disabled.

What do you think?

Allmdm.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:26 PM   #2
slash
FlashFXP Beta Tester

...Disabled? Use the icon furthest right to change your FTP browser to a local machine browser. Copy away.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Local to Local transfers is currently not supported. We will consider your suggestion for future versions.

If you toggle both sides to local mode you can perform drag/drop operations but this bypasses the queue and file exist ruleset.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:55 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

don't want to take away business from flashfxp
but if you need advanced file manager, check out http://www.ghisler.com/
it is without a doubt the best file manager out there. it's basic interface/layout is very similar to flashfxp's (2 panels side by side). you can mark files, save that selection, use wildcards, etc etc etc. it even has ftp and fxp client(tho not as advanced/configurable as flashfxp)
Old 07-28-2004, 02:39 AM   #5
allmdm

I already use Total Commander (btw: i miss the blue norton commander dos interface, but this is another story )
But having all the features into flashfxp would be a very good thing.
I just love the way flashfxp works, and it's a pity that has this limit.
Ok, local to local doesn't involve ftp, but it's a transfer anyway.
I sat up an ftp server in my machine just to do this local to local transfer... waiting to see this Local2Local transfer in flashfxp.

Thanks,
Allmdm

Tags
copy, file, flashfxp, local, transfer