Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions FlashFXP 3.0 RC 3 Suggestions

Old 06-28-2004, 04:35 AM   #1
ianroke
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Auto-update of website based on files in directory

Hi guys,

I only registered FlashFXP yesterday and joined the forum this morning so please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

It would be a great feature if you could assign a directory on your hard drive that stored a local copy of your website and every time you clicked on a button or ran a script or something it would check the files against the ones on the web server and automatically uploaded any that were either not online or older than the copy on your pc. If a file was online that wasn't on your pc then it would automatically download it for you.

This would be invaluable for consistancy purposes.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:26 AM   #2
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

though i dont know all webdev programs at least some of them have this function built in, for example frontpage(dont bug me for it being a crappy windows product, its just an example),

in general i like the idea though :-)
Old 06-28-2004, 09:02 AM   #3
ianroke
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi Tribl,

I know what you mean but that isn't what I meant!

It would be ace to have all the files in the right place ready to upload and you can just turn on FlashFXP and log into your server and it then checks all the files to make sure they match up.

Of course if this has already been done then I need to know about it as it would make my job a lot easier!

Tags
automatically, directory, download, flashfxp, online