Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions FlashFXP 3.0 RC 3 Suggestions

Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
schorschi

Default Req: Real Size Counting of Download Queue

Until now, when I like queue 5 directories for download and start transferring, FlashFXP changes into first directory, reads it and then adds all the files in that dir to the queue. Then I get an estimated time and total size. But only for the first directory. The second directory is only processed when the first is completely transferred.

Could you add an option that FlashFXP will check the complete size for the queue at once? Then I would know how long I have to wait.

Is this understandable?
Old 06-21-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
slash
FlashFXP Beta Tester

This has been requested before by a bunch of people, myself included. The answer given last time was that it would take too long to actually check the contents of ever single folder on the remote server, so it has been deemed impractical. I'd still love to see it implemented though, at least for uploading...
Old 06-22-2004, 07:18 AM   #3
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

a little help in this might also be if flashfxp rememebers the folder size when put into queue.

raidenftp can show the size of a folder (not the subfolders but ok) and if the option in flash is turned on u can mark some folders and it shows their combined size at the bottom, so it would only need to remember this size when queueing them.

and now i dont know if that was understandable

Tags
directory, download, flashfxp, queue, size