Old 06-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #1
Gregoriev

Default I cannot connect to my Xbox nnow

I am using FlashFXP Version 3.0 build 1010 RC4 unregistered trial version 6 days in

On Windows XP Professional
With a cheap 30 dollar 5 port linksys router
without a firewall
and with norton antivirus running in the background for that constant protection thing.
My internet is Cable

Now then, onto the problem at hand.

I recently install EVOX on my xbox and downloaded Flash FXP to connect ot my xbox with FTP so that i can transfer files, modify stuff, and generally pick up where the evox ppl left off. (My version had some bad file paths etc that i needed to correct.)

Anyways, the problem stems from my not being able to connect to the net because i had to have a static IP of 192.168.0.1 and the internet is evil so it won't connect to that. Weill, that's ok. I just switch the ethernet cables between the xbox and router (because i don't have enough for all) and change a few settings.

Then i decided to be a wise guy

I bought another NIC for my computer, installed it, and use it just for internet connections, while i have the other one that is built onto my MOBO connect to the Linksys el cheapo walmart 30 dollar router i have and go to the xbox like it always has.

Well, after installing the stuff, getting hte new NIC to work, etc, i have internet. However, when i use flash FXP to connect to my xbox now it simply will not do it.

THe computer IP is the same
THe XboX IP is the same
the Router is the same

Everything the same!!!

Here is the exact status messages i get from FLash FXP

FlashFXP v3.0 build 1010 [PUBLIC PREVIEW] RC 4
Online support forums http://forum.flashfxp.com
This preview release will expire on July 31, 2004

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.250 -> IP=192.168.0.250 PORT=21
[R] Connected to 192.168.0.250
[R] 220 Please enter your login name now.
[R] USER xbox
[R] 331 Password required for xbox.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 230 User xbox logged in , proceed.
[R] SYST
[R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[R] FEAT
[R] 502 feat is not implemented.
[R] REST 100
[R] 502 rest is not implemented.
[R] This site may not allow file resuming
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/" is current directory
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 Type set to ASCII.
[R] PORT 192,168,0,111,5,8
[R] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.111:2053
[R] Connection lost: 192.168.0.250
Old 06-22-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
Gregoriev

Honestly, this is really freaken sad.....

i have left this message here since forever, and not a single person has posted ANYTHING!?

Out of over 50 views, NOBODY has anything to say? what are you people doing? trying to hack me since i gave you all the IP addresses i use?

some support flashFXP has!
i will be using some other software if this is all i will be getting if i ever have a problem connecting with it.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
Lizard
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregoriev
Honestly, this is really freaken sad.....

i have left this message here since forever, and not a single person has posted ANYTHING!?

Out of over 50 views, NOBODY has anything to say? what are you people doing? trying to hack me since i gave you all the IP addresses i use?

i will be using some other software if this is all i will be getting if i ever have a problem connecting with it.
[R] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.0.111:2053

this line shows the x-box is trying to connect to 192.168.0.111 and not 192.168.0.1 so maybe you entered your ip wrong somewhere?

And with a 192.168 ip, nobody can really hack you, since that's a private ip range.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:02 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

moved to correct forum
Quote:
Originally posted by Gregoriev
for one this thread was posted in the wrong forum.
you are using FlashFXP 3.0 and posted in v2.1 forum

2nd, if you take a look at the message board you'll see that 100s of people post their problems and get an excelent support.
sometimes people can miss a thread, there is no need to get all hot and pissy about it.

you said it yourself, that nic is connected only to your xbox, not internet, so how the hell can anybody "hack" you. think twice before throwing such accusations.

personally i don't have xbox(and have no intention of getting one) so i don't know exact details, but i don't understand why are you connecting to it thru a router? try to remove it and see if your problem is solved
Old 06-24-2004, 03:23 PM   #5
Gregoriev

Now the connection is MORE broken.

Well, here goes an explanation. When i connected through the onboard connectoin to the xbox using the router, i either connected or got that data connection cannot be made message described above.

However, since i had to have a static IP to acess the xbox, i could not connect to road runner internet, cause i need a dynamic IP given to me by the ISP.

So i added in that D-link card so i would have one for internet and One for xbox. all this was a GREAT idea in concept. However, at first the card had some hardware issue involving resources, i solved that by moving it to a different PCI slot.

THEN i hooked the internet to that card, and left the onboard ethernet and router completely intact, aside from the internet uplink socket being empty. seeing as how it is not connected to the other card.

WELL, now for the results of this seemingly good idea. after i got the D-link to start working with the net, i could browse, etc. HOWEVER, now in flash FXP i don't get any connection whatsoever with my xbox. just says connection failed in red and some retry countdown that is insanely long. (120 sec)

i was really puzzled by this. so i reset my onboards IP to the usual 192.168.0.1 etc. and it did not work. i tried pluggind and unplugging the router, restarting the computer and xbox. and nothing worked.

Just the other day i got a crossover cable for pete sakes, 15 dollars for 10 feet. i hooked it up and it said that the cable was unplugged, i started the xbox and it said the cable was plugged in. (a good sign) i set my ethernet card to 192.168.0.1 again, and once more i got the mean red letters that said connection failed.

Can anyone please help me? it can't be a router problem, because there is none when you use a crossover cable. is it my computer itself? i know gateway does tend to suck. am i using the wrong static IP on the PC? (i will test this tonight with the 192.168.0.111 recomondation) or should i just completely reinstall my OS like i have been meaning to for the last week. (whenever windows gets slow, i don't defragment, i reformat. all my needed files are kept on a second drive, and all my needed programs are on their respective CDs. a pain, but ironically works better than a 5 hour defragment sessoin. )
Old 06-25-2004, 12:46 AM   #6
slo_mike

it seems you're entering the wrong IP information. I own a linksys 4 port router for quite a few years now and i'm pretty familiar the way they assign network IP addresses. I don't have a modded xbox, so I can't help ya there.

#1 your router's IP address not your PC's network address is: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

#2 most likely your computer's LAN IP address is 192.168.1.100, you can find out what your computer's LAN IP is by doing the following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Local Area Connection. Then click on the Support Tab.

#3 Connect your xbox to the router in the next available port. Most likely linksys will assign the xbox the LAN IP of 192.168.1.101

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, fxp, xbox, [r]