Old 05-29-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

Default missing in help files

hi
i just took a look around in built 999 to find new features and things like that and found "selective transfer", wanted to know what it is, but i cant find anything in the help files about it

so what is it?
Attached Thumbnails
missing in help files-help-jpg  
Old 05-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

The new help file is not yet complete. This will be included in the final release.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:04 AM   #3
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

Question

ok np,

as far as i understood it from the changelog.txt this is a feature i was looking for for quiet some time, is it possible to combine this feature with the scheduler?

what i'm hoping for is as follows:

i need to connect to a server daily to get new work related stuff, but i dont need everything there, so it would be cool to make a schedule that flashfxp automatically connects to the server, lets say every evening at 10, looks for the paterns i chose in selective transfer and then download them for me, and the next day in the morning i would have all the updates and could start right away.

oh and maybe its possible to extend the options of the scheduler so it does the things from above automatically every day, this would make Flash kinda perfect for me.

Tribl
Old 05-31-2004, 04:21 AM   #4
Linkster
Administrator

yes, selective transfer is the feature you are looking for from the gui, to use it, you would create a selective list, choose it, then schedule your transfer. to transfer automatically using the selective transfer feature, we'd need a command line switch for it. I will see about adding this feature before we release final, as it indeed, could be extremely useful.

Example:

using windows scheduler, setup something like this:

flashfxp.exe -c2 website.fqf -s="Name of Selective Transfer ruleset"

this would start flashfxp, load and transfer the queue file website.fqf, using the specified ruleset, and close flashfxp when done.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:03 AM   #5
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

wow great, thx for the quick answer i guess now i love flashfxp even more

i still have 1 question though:

lets say all the files are in a specific subdirectory then its easy i'll queue it and save that fqf file to use in your example, but what do i do if there is no directory on the source ftp, only the root dir and i need some oof the files there, how do i make a queue file of that?
I'm soo excited because of this feature, this is sooo cool
Old 05-31-2004, 12:25 PM   #6
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

hm i tried out your example Linkster but that doesnt seem to work, says that the task couldnt be started, i tried different options like -min or only a queue file, only works without the additional options.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
Linkster
Administrator

heh, i was just using that as an example. we haven't coded the command line option yet
Old 05-31-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

ooops guess there was a little bit of a misunderstanding

i looked in the help files and in advanced i found the command line options so i thought its already working, sorry

Tags
files, find, selective, transfer, wanted