Old 07-25-2002, 03:08 AM   #1
Valhalla1

Default question about registering flashxp

the registration page says for use on a single computer.. what if I dont use that computer any more and i use a different one with the same key, is it going to 'call home' to flashfxp servers and detect my serial is on another pc and lock it out? please say no or I wont be registering
Old 07-25-2002, 03:19 AM   #2
Valhalla1

yes i have read the threads about flashfxp calling home but I am wondering that if I use it on more than 1 computer (legitly, via upgrades/system replacement) then my reg # will be spied as a 'piated' registration number and get locked out, flashfxp be disabled, reported, etc.
Old 07-25-2002, 03:29 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The information displayed on the website specifically relates to v1.x, we have changed the license agreement for v2.0 and you can read it here http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=1240

It basically states the following
Quote:
One registered copy of FlashFXP may either be used by a single person who uses the FlashFXP personally on one or more computers.....
When it comes to determining if a key has been made publically available it's pretty obvious, there are 1000s of people all over the world trying to use it within a 24 hour period.

Tags
call, computer, detect, flashfxp, registering