Old 07-03-2002, 02:11 PM   #1
raven
FlashFXP Registered User

Wink Queue: Time not correct

It would be nice if the ftp would do a recursive lookup and check all files in the queue before the download starts to be more accurate in the remaining queue time. I like the feature that it doesn't do this in the queue in the lower left window, since other users could be uploading files in these directories when you start and you calculate that they will have finished when you get to that dir, but it would be nice with an estimate of each directory that could change when the queue gets there.

Thanks for the best ftp client!

/Raven
Old 07-03-2002, 02:21 PM   #2
KingFish

hi,

hmm, afaik flashfxp is in "feature-stop" so no new features (and this you request is one) will be added...
also, your request has some advantages and some disadvantages:
sure, remaining time would be more accurate, but it would cause a big load on the ftp to first check all directories for the files, on slow ftps it may even take several minutes before starting to download something, so in my oppinion this should not be included, because there are more disadvantages than advantages...
but of course its my point of view...

anyway, this may be expected for flashfxp 3.0
Old 07-03-2002, 02:29 PM   #3
raven
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool Queue: time

I know it could be slow. I forgot to say I wanted this as an option so anyone could choose if they wanted it or not. It could be considered a bug since it is incorrect, but you could also see it as a new feature depending on which side you stand on I guess :=).
Old 07-03-2002, 02:33 PM   #4
KingFish

of course this is anything but a bug! a bug is an error done by code and/or design flaws...
Old 07-03-2002, 03:10 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have moved this thread to general.

It is not a bug, but by design. If you would have searched the forums this has been debated on in the past. I don't recall the results. It is on my to-do list. (it will be optional of course)

Tags
files, ftp, nice, queue, time