Old 08-31-2002, 06:05 AM   #1
mhe

Lightbulb Socks5 proxy bug

This is reproducable.

FTPServer:
BPFTP 2.15, behind a hardware NAT router with port 1024>1060 open for passive FTP and port 21 open for active ftp.

Client: FlashFXP 2.0 rc8 build 862.

The problem is if i load FlashFXP and try to connect to the above server, i get a "socks error: connection refused". Wich i found sort of puzzling since everything worked fine with wincommander about 10 seconds earlier.

After trying different settings, i came to the conclusion, if i disable the socks5 option and just use my ordinary routed connection (in active mode) i can connect fine to the FTP.
The funny part is after i have made the connection i now can use socks5 both in active/passive, or just my routed connection in both active/passive.

So, everything seems fine right? No, after i restart FlashFXP i get the same error msg and i have to redo what i just wrote above. As i said, wincommander works fine, both active/passive with the socks5 server or just the routed (NAT) connection.

The error msg:

WinSock 2.0
Connecting to x.mine.nu via Proxy
Connected to Proxy 192.168.0.21 Port 1080
220 welcome
331 Password required for x.
PASS (hidden)
230 User x logged in.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
REST 100
350 REST supported. Ready to resume at byte offset 100.
REST 0
350 REST supported. Ready to resume at byte offset 0.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (213,x,x,x,4,16).
LIST
SOCKS Error: Connection refused
Old 08-31-2002, 06:39 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Which socks5 proxy software are you using? Perhaps the proxy only allows 1 connection.

FlashFXP has been tested with WinProxy 1.4, SpoonProxy, and WinGate. This problem does not appear in those proxy servers.

Tags
connection, error, fine, rest, socks5