Old 08-23-2002, 09:23 PM   #1
qwerty

Default Proxy/socks bug?

When using a proxy/socks4 connection, i can never disable passive mode. I unclick the check box but when i connect, it always uses passive mode.

Also, sometimes when uploading 2 mb file, it alsways fails at 99% and will never finish the upload. I tried to upload to different ftp servers and it kept failing at 99%. When i did not use a sock connection, the upload worked.

I am not sure if socks connections require passive mode or not.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:42 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Socks4 requires passive mode, the Socks5 protocol supports non-passive mode however FlashFXP currently does not. I am finding it rather difficult to implement.

It would be very helpful if you could explain how exactly it fails at 99%

I conducted some tests using WinProxy & SponProxy and Socks4 appears to be working correctly with both of them.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:07 AM   #3
qwerty

I have tried to re-create this failure and have not been able to do so.
However right now with or without using a winsock, when trying to connect to a Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0), it keeps trying to re-connect ever second. I have it set to 61 seconds as teh retry setting but it is not working. I tried with and with a winsock and got the same results.

Thanks

edit
I wanted to add some more info.
I am fxping from this microsoft ftp server using a sock 4 right now and it is working just fine. I then connected to this same MS ftp server without a socks 4 proxy. Right now there are too many connections to this ftp server but flashfxp keeps retrying to connect every second. I have flashfxp set to 61 seconds but that does not matter. I have never changed that setting.

Thanks again. I hope you can recreate this bug
Old 08-30-2002, 02:15 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It sounds like you're using a bad copy of FlashFXP besure you downloaded it directly from our website. Also make sure none of the files in your FlashFXP folder are marked as read-only.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:16 PM   #5
qwerty

So far with 876, i have not had any problems that i described above.

Tags
99%, connection, mode, passive, upload