Old 07-17-2002, 12:52 PM   #1
sjmike2

Question Copy / Pasting into Site Manager

I've noticed that when you copy paste an FTP address like this fxp://username:password@ipaddress:path/ into the Quick Connect it automatically inserts everything into the appropiate field.

But when you try to do the same in Site manager it doesn't work the same way as it does in Quick Connect.

Using Version 2.0 RC2 build 867. Noticed this in earlier builds as well.

thanks!
sj

Old 07-17-2002, 03:11 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please do not publically display your FlashFXP ID, This number should be kept private.

This is only supported in the quick connect. If there is enough demand it can be added into the site manager too.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:45 PM   #3
floris
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
This is only supported in the quick connect. If there is enough demand it can be added into the site manager too.
It is just another 'feel good' feature/tweak, but since I do not use that full addy copy/pasting, I do not really need/demand it. One less user here that is begging for that option to be implemented. (just so you know)
Old 07-23-2002, 07:31 AM   #4
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

I think it should be added in the interests of standardisation... Because you can do it in one area, you should be able to do it in the other.

Too many similar options which have different interfaces/ways of interacting only serve to confuse users.

Tags
connect, copy, manager, noticed, quick