Old 07-04-2002, 10:55 PM   #1
pagemap

Default Buttons do not indent

In prior versions of Flash the quick connect buttons and other buttons such as stop indented when pressed. In the newest build (864) all other buttons but quick connect will indent. It looks and feels unnatural to not have the buttons indent when pressed. Please fix this.

Other info:
ID: (removed by bigstar)
Version 2.0 RC2 build 864
Old 07-04-2002, 11:48 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please DO NOT publically display your FlashFXP ID

If you're using windows XP then you missed out on all previous posts regarding this and several other problems that have come up.

RC2 build 862 does not display button as pressed when pressing a button. This is the default buggy behavior of Borland Delphi and Window XP themes.

RC2 build 864 has a major hack that I've allowed registered users to test and for what it has fixed, it appears to be working flawlessly.

At this time there are some minor glitches that you are going to have to live with. (until a solution is found)

1. when pressing the connect button the drop down menu appears but the button no longer appears pressed. WinXP/Borland Delphi doesn't support this.

2. the compare folder button is a special type of button and due to the way Delphi handles it, it's not possible to show it pressed when pressing the button.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:56 PM   #3
pagemap

Is there any chance you will get this working before the final?
Old 07-04-2002, 11:57 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

No
Old 07-05-2002, 12:12 AM   #5
pagemap

Thats too bad, I really hope you can manage a way around that.

Even though I am registered, if I was contemplating registering, that little annoyance might be enough to make me stay using v1.4.3 or not register at all.

Also, and I am sure you have thought of this, but why not contact Borland directly for assistance, I am sure they have something up their sleeve.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:35 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Regarding problem #1 that was mentioned above, This is a new feature of windows XP themes, the style effect that was used no longer works like it did in previous versions of windows.

The only 100% solution for these problems is to completely deactivate XP theme support for FlashFXP. Most people I've talked to would rather live with these minor effects than have no XP theme support.

I don't have the url anymore but Borland has official stated that they will not support xp themes in existing version for Borland Delphi, however the next release (v7) will support XP themes. Which doesn't help because I use v4. FlashFXP is not compatible with newer version of Delphi.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:37 PM   #7
pagemap

This might be asking too much, but how about two versions for download, the xp-theme supported version and a version that doensn't support themes?
Old 07-05-2002, 03:00 PM   #8
Linkster
Administrator

you people make me laugh.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:32 PM   #9
Celerex_2

Does having one or 2 buttons look like they are depressed mean that much to you guys that it would prevent you from using probably one of the best ftp/fxp programs available? That's simply pathetic.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:32 PM   #10
ybmomo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

are you guys using the program as a fxp tools or u want it to be like a pop star????

omg!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #11
pagemap

How about you lamers come up with an idea rather than bash mine!
Old 07-12-2002, 07:32 AM   #12
XTracer
FlashFXP Registered User

Euh. ok, in the beginning of Windows XP there was a way to enable Themes support for every application... This was done by putting a file in the same dir as the program was. This file contained some info about the theme (or something, I dunno)

Isn't it possible to disable theme support for an application by putting a sort of file in the FlashFXP dir ?

Or what about the : Rightclick on shortcut to FlashFXP, Choose tab "Compatibility", Select "Disable Visual Themes".

Does that work for you ?

P.S. : I couldn't simulate the problem with the buttons to test it.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:01 AM   #13
Linkster
Administrator

this problem is fixed in the latest release candidate. thread closed.

Tags
864, buttons, connect, indent, pressed