Old 07-10-2002, 02:56 PM   #1
JuvY

Arrow Copying Sites in the Sites Manager

When you copy a site in the site manager, the copy you have made does not include the bookmarks that were in the site that was copied. I'm using Release Candidate 2 on WinXP.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:30 PM   #2
floris
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Re: Copying Sites in the Sites Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by JuvY
When you copy a site in the site manager, the copy you have made does not include the bookmarks that were in the site that was copied. I'm using Release Candidate 2 on WinXP.
Yep, just made a bookmark, closed & opened the prog, it is there. I then copy the site, and check, nope, not there.
Maybe this is deliberate feature? Maybe a bug? If not both, could it be a future feature to (optionally) copy the bookmarks and other settings too? Would be great.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:40 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Bookmarks are not copied. Should they be?
Old 07-10-2002, 09:58 PM   #4
floris
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
Bookmarks are not copied. Should they be?
If they should actually be, I can not awnser, I am just the end-user. Not the person to think up the best way of handling site specific information relationship database protocols (hehe).

However, I wouldn't mind seeing my bookmarks getting copied. Beause of this reason. I have servers from time to time that re-locate within the network, they get a new ip or password or whatever. But the internal stuff for it doesn't change. So I just copy the instance and change the needed info and can use it again. Would be nice to see the bookmarks go along with it.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:06 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well my intention for this was when I personally copy sites I copy them for different user accounts on the same server and user accounts have different folder structures. I thought it would be a hassle to have to delete the bookmarks once the site was copied.

It could be optional but some of us (including myself) might find it annoying to have it popping up a question of asking every time you copy a site.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:00 PM   #6
Linkster
Administrator

i use it for the same reason as you bigstar...it could be a global option you set once i suppose.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:46 AM   #7
JuvY

I myself copy sites, change their remote path and place them in groups. So instead having to go to the site's root and then navigating from there I simly pick the appropriate group of my wanted destination and I'm already there. Therfore, bookmarks would be useful for me on copied sites, but perhaps not for others.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:04 AM   #8
floris
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Linkster
i use it for the same reason as you bigstar...it could be a global option you set once i suppose.
I understand what bigstar says and I'd find it annoying too then, but it doesn't have to be a popup box, maybe just a checkbox on the tab to select yes/no for copying bookmarks (default to no). Then I read the above post from Linkster, yeah, setting it once in preferences is maybe a better idea (and probably a simpler way to code it). So I hope it is still an option to possible look into and include in future releases?

Tags
copied, copy, manager, site, sites