Old 06-21-2002, 08:18 PM   #1
Shorty
FlashFXP Registered User

Default LiveUpdate and RC releases

I just installed FlashFXP 2.0 RC1, all is well, and was wondering if it'll keep acting like the previous beta builds (not going to report a new beta and only going to show an official release) or if it will see a new RC and give us the choice to download the new RC version.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2002, 08:45 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Yes it will, that way registered users can download a smaller update rather than having to download the SSL dll's again.
Old 06-22-2002, 05:43 AM   #3
nudey flasher

Default Live Update - Give us the option of all updates?

G'Day!

Proud Registered user, I have rarely ever downloaded an update through live update.

It seems that the website is the place to get them from if I need them.

Even the upgrade to 2.0 rc1 wasnt even available on Live update?

I'd like to see all versions, including beta-updates available via the live-update service.

How about it to atleast be given the option .. I think many people would want the latest revision each time... any slight bugs are usually fixed in a day or so of them being reported...

Old 06-22-2002, 06:21 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We tried this once before and it failed. Everyone was downloading beta releases but no one was reporting bugs. Our major goal for beta releases is to find bugs. Since we started posting beta releases on our message board bug reports have increased 100 percent. The majority of people using beta releases are not doing their job. Just recently we found and fixed a few bugs that go all the way back to v1.0. The majority of our beta releases are released without any prior testing. If most people knew that I think they would think twice about downloading a beta

Our message board will always be the center of beta releases.

v2.0 RC1 was not availible for download via the LiveUpdate because we had questioned it's stablity and compatiblity, also it lacks a help file. When v2.0 RC2 is ready it will be availilble via the LiveUpdate for download to those using v2.0 RC1. At the moment only 1 bug has been found. If you want RC2 everyone is going to have to do a lot better than that At this rate RC2 might be out some time next month

Tags
beta, official, release, releases, show