Old 06-21-2002, 12:19 PM   #1
artax46
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Machine reboot

Flash FXP 2.0 RC1 (build 860) keeps rebooting my PC every time I run it I am using Windows XP on a LAN connection without any firewalls running on my PC. If you need any more information then please let me know. As you can imagine its pretty annoying.

The only thing that can stop it from rebooting the machine is outlook XP which complains if you try to reboot the PC without shutting it down.

Artax46
Old 06-21-2002, 01:44 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Make sure you do not have a file named FlashFXP_Loader.ini in your FlashFXP folder.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
artax46
FlashFXP Registered User

ok, thanks, works now. I think you should have a warning before you reboot peoples PCs.

Artax46
Old 06-21-2002, 03:38 PM   #4
Linkster
Administrator

No fingers are pointed, as you appear to have a legit version of FlashFXP, but that file (flashfxp_loader.ini) only exists after a certain "warezed" version of flashfxp has been installed. That file will cause FlashFXP to reboot the machine, and we have stated many times that cracked versions can cause all sorts of weird things to happen. This is certainly not a bug or a normal problem. To preven things like this, if you have previously used a "bad" version of FlashFXP, but recently registered, you should uninstall and clean up as much of the bad version as possible, and install a good copy into its own directory.
Old 06-22-2002, 04:55 AM   #5
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Isn't this a bug if it reboots your PC even when you have a registered copy?

Even if it were because you had a previously warezed copy, it won't prompt many people to upgrade if their reboot problem is still there.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:26 PM   #6
Celerex_2

It's not a problem. It's protection against anti-piracy. You should never have had a warez copy installed strickly speaking, and even if you did, you should completley delete the folder before upgrading. That's usually how you do something like that.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:25 AM   #7
[Mystic]

Its piracy protection, its not a bug. They make your computer reboot.
There are heaps of little things like this in FlashFXP if you try to register FlashFXP with a warez'ed serial.

Tags
annoying, machine, reboot, rebooting, thing