Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General What do you like about the new 2.0? What don't you like? let us know!

Old 10-01-2002, 08:34 AM   #1
hw_tph
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Works in Linux too :-)

Not that it matters - and I know you don't officially support FlashFXP in Linux - but I decided to install the latest RC under Linux just for kicks.

Using Debian Woody and the Wine version that comes with it (20020411), the install took quite some time and was ugly like hell, but the app itself runs fine. The only problem being the fonts (although they can be sorted out methinks).

I just thought I'd let you know.

hw-tph
Attached Thumbnails
Works in Linux too :-)-flashfxp_linux-png  
Old 10-01-2002, 01:00 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Recently I have been tested FlashFXP under Wine 20020804 + Mandrake to see if there were any problems I could solve. There are some minor graphical problems but I wasn't able to come up with a solution, I suspect the developers of Wine will have to sort them out.

1. In the remote file listing the folders and files use the same icon. Folders should have a folder icon and files a file icon.

2. When starting FlashFXP with the remote view visible the local file listing window appears on top. Toggling local/remote corrects the visual problem.

3. In the Queue the direction arrows for each item are missing.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:54 AM   #3
hw_tph
FlashFXP Registered User

Yeah, those problems are what I noticed too, but they are just mere cosmetic annoyances. To have FlashFXP actually working on Linux is fun.
I haven't dared registering it under Linux yet though.

Btw, have you tried Kylix? I don't do Delphi at all (yet ), but it's supposed to be pretty easy to port between win32 and Linux...Not that I say you should, I was just wondering.

hw
Old 10-02-2002, 01:41 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I've looked into Kylix, there's alot of stuff they don't tell you. Like normal windows applications wont work under Kylix, you have to use a special runtime lib thats crossplatform compatible. this runtime library is similar to that of VB (huge bulky dlls)

Tags
fine, install, linux, problem, time