Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General What do you like about the new 2.0? What don't you like? let us know!

Old 10-04-2002, 01:27 AM   #1
rimvydukas

Default Needed features in FlashFXP 2.0

I want to know is it possible to do some features in FlashFXP 2.0 because I want to buy it

Feature List:

1. Connections to multiple sites at the same time as CuteFTP Pro can.
2. More freedom to manage my queue:

a) I want to be able to download only one item in my queue. If I select transfer option, FlashFXP starts to transfer all items in the queue
b) I want to be able to modify download parameters for each item in my queue.
c) I want to be able to start my queue transfers and to be able to connect to other sites at the same time.

3. I want to be able to use HTTP GET methot through HTTP proxy, not only HTTP CONNECT.

CuteFTP Pro can do that without any problems. Is it possible for FlashFXP?
Old 10-04-2002, 01:59 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Nope.. Sounds like you need CuteFTP Pro and not FlashFXP..
Old 10-04-2002, 02:59 AM   #3
rimvydukas

No, I need FlashFXP, not CuteFTP, because it has some features which CuteFTP don't It's hard to understand for me why it is so hard to make these usefull features? I requested for them so long time ago and without any success.

From your answer I can assume that you don't want to have additional users who bought FlashFXP It is very strange:-/

Can you explain why you don't want to implement such features?

You say that FlashFXP has all features I can only think of... Sad but it is not true
Old 10-04-2002, 04:16 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

becuase in order to implement most/all of your requests the way cuteftp does them would probably require write of FlashFXP, which isn't happening any time soon.

Quote:
1. Connections to multiple sites at the same time as CuteFTP Pro can.
Quote:
c) I want to be able to start my queue transfers and to be able to connect to other sites at the same time.
just open multiple instances of flashfxp
Quote:
a) I want to be able to download only one item in my queue. If I select transfer option, FlashFXP starts to transfer all items in the queue
mark all files you want to transfer later as failed.
Quote:
b) I want to be able to modify download parameters for each item in my queue.
such as?
Old 10-04-2002, 11:29 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

As stated by Mxx it would require major changes to the design of FlashFXP. If not a complete rewrite, a major rewrite. FlashFXP is developed by myself, a single person, where as CuteFTP probably has a team of developers working on CuteFTP. Simply don't have the time to add every single requested feature. I wish I did.

Who says FlashFXP has all the features? I've never said that. I feel you should use whatever ftp client suits your needs.

Quote:
Originally posted by rimvydukas
No, I need FlashFXP, not CuteFTP, because it has some features which CuteFTP don't It's hard to understand for me why it is so hard to make these usefull features? I requested for them so long time ago and without any success.

From your answer I can assume that you don't want to have additional users who bought FlashFXP It is very strange:-/

Can you explain why you don't want to implement such features?

You say that FlashFXP has all features I can only think of... Sad but it is not true

Tags
cuteftp, flashfxp, http, pro, queue