Old 09-26-2002, 09:08 AM   #1
ogidosi
FlashFXP Registered User

Default weird speed problem

I have a weird flashfxp speed problem, this is concerning all versions.

I have 2 internet connections.
1. via AOL isdn
2. via AOL isdn(upload) + Satellite(download)

1. when I download something via AOL only, speed is as usual
2. when I donwload something via AOL + Satellite speed goes down to 0.5 kbyte/sec.

this happens only with flashfxp, all other download-posibilities work with max. speed

the 2 possiblilites connect me with different IPs

So whats wrong there, at the moment flashfxp is useless for me (27 Euro for nothing)

please help

ogidosi
Old 10-01-2002, 04:58 AM   #2
Shadi

Unhappy Kinda the same here

I've been using some of the 2.0 versions and I've had this same problem with all of them (if I remember right). FXP speeds are as should be but normal FTP transfers are awfull. I get around 7-10KB/s while with other FTP clients I get correct speeds (~200KB/s). FlashFXP version 1.4.800 works. I installed DU Meter and noticed that the data is bursting, once in a second or so I get a peak in transfers up to 80KB/s but then it drops to 0KB/s even though FlashFXP is showing constant trasnfer rate of ~8KB/s. A friend of mine has the same kind of a problem with his modem connection...
Old 10-01-2002, 01:28 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Shadi it sounds like you have speed limiting enabled in FlashFXP, if it's off but still appears to be limiting make sure you're using an official release of FlashFXP downloaded directly from our website.

Tags
aol, flashfxp, problem, speed, weird