Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 05-12-2005, 05:19 AM   #46
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

So you suggest manually keeping Windows up to date? How will I know which hotifixes are dependent on 893066 being installed?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 AM   #47
mr.nato

Default Manual Updates

Im not sure things are really that dependant. I always manually update. I will continue taking updates just leaving out the bad hotfix. I put a report into ms as well to see what they say. 1 business day ill post again when they reply
Old 05-12-2005, 08:20 AM   #48
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

okay so I got a list of downloads of windows updates by using auto check but not install that I can select from, I am just leaving out 893066 which apparently leaves me open to hacking, not like windows isn't open anyway.........
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 AM   #49
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You might also try upgrading to FlashFXP v3.2 build 1080 final
Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #50
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

just upgraded to 3.2 build 1080, I installed the hotfix and tried to upload a 31kb jpg, it hung at 16kb.....uninstalled the hotfix and the jpg uploads fine.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #51
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Could you please try something for me

Run this test http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

After you run the test near the bottom of the page directly below "Still stuck? copy/paste this url:" copy and paste that url into your reply.

I know it's alot of effort but I'd really be interested in seeing the results with hotfix 893066 installed and uninstalled. Please be sure to list which is which.

Based on that we should be able to determine what you need to change to get FlashFXP working with the hotfix installed.

Also if your MTU is 1500 and you use DSL you might try lowering it, to for example 1458. The above test should give you some recomended MTU values.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #52
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

after doing the tweak test here are the results:

WITH HOTFIX 893066:

http://ttester.broadbandreports.com/...nXP&via=normal

WITHOUT HOTFIX 893066:

http://ttester.broadbandreports.com/...nXP&via=normal
Old 05-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #53
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I noticed your MTU was 1458, was that the original value or did you change it? If you changed it, did lowering change FlashFXP any?

The results look pretty much identical with and without the hotfix. I was expecting to see different results based on the info provided by MS regarding this hotfix.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:19 PM   #54
mr.nato

Default Hotfix

I noticed that the hotfix seems to change the way tcp/ip is done. registry changes and drtcp stuff will not change anything while its installed as far as i could see. Still no reply from ms yet
Old 05-13-2005, 03:34 AM   #55
alimax
FlashFXP Registered User

I changed my MTU during the course of this thread as advised by someone earlier, I used drtcp, it had no noticable effect on Flash FXP - funnily the tweak report suggests 1500 again (what it was before) which as I understand it is LAN packet size - I am wireless to ADSL router.

Anyways I noticed too that the reports for with Hotfix and without were identical - odd, must be something deeper.....

ali
Old 05-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #56
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well for adsl you normally wouldnt select "normal" as your connection type, most likely it would be "routerppoe" or "rasppoe", the MTU suggestion is based specifically on your connection type, you get this wrong and the MTU suggestion will be wrong as well.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:04 AM   #57
GerrySR

Default upload problem

Not sure it this is related but here goes.

My problem is with upload stopping in mid stream.
Upload will start be fine but then transfer rate will drop to zero. File size does not seem important - will upload a 200K file one second and stop in middle of 5k file the next.

This has made the program unusable as editing a file can result in lost of that file.

Problem started for me when it upgraded to 1045 quite a while back. I just started to use a difference program for editing mission critical work. But today I decided to come here to see if anyone had a solution.

I just upgraded to build 1080 today but it makes no difference.

Using XP Pro SP1 - not SP2
have tried it with router / without router
with Mcafee running / without Mcafee running
with firewall / without firewall
on ADSL and on dial-up
And no I do not have hotfix 893066 installed.

So , I am not sure if this problem is related.

any help is appreciated. I really like the program.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #58
tennisball
FlashFXP Registered User

this is a wierd problem, i just reinstalled windows on my pc and guess what, i cant upload again. i'm off to uninstall that damned hotfix again.

Just wanted to add that if anyone here is using a netgear dg834g router then the mtu u should use for your pc's is 1500, lan setting. there is a setting in your router for adsl mtu - mine is set to 1478 in there and doesnt get affected by the hotfix obviously, so therefore i think mtu has nothing to do with the problem. I am still investigating
Old 07-18-2005, 03:06 AM   #59
PopWeasel
ioFTPD Scripter

For anyone not wanting a certain ms update installed over and over automatically:

Open Control Panel -> System Applet (hit WinKey+PrtScrn) , Alt+Tab over to the Automatic Updates tab , select "Notify me but don't automatically download or install them" , click OK.

This enables Windows Updates but lets you check which ones you wish to update to first. A nice feature it has also is for the updates you've chosen to disable updating to it also allows you to specify "and don't mention this update again" or something to that effect. Once you've disabled upgrading to that update you can probably then change back to Automatic mode, if you prefer that. Hopefully once you've switched to Automatic mode it'll remember that you chose not to upgrade to that update. If not, just uninstall the update and keep it in Manual mode. That's what I do, since I don't care to be spoon fed every single thing M$ cooks up. Hope this helps.

Tags
16kb, file, files, flashfxp, hanging