Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:41 AM   #16
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Have you tried FlashFXP v3.2?

We purchased an XBOX exclusively for testing and improving FlashFXP. FlashFXP v3.2 is optimized for XBOX transfers. Several FlashFXP users have confirmed the improved performance.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #17
Airdog

Yes, I have tried the latest release (v3.2)

I still get the same problem with dropped connections and lockups.
I even installed a new 250GB HD and installed a fresh copy of WinXP SP2 on the PC I use to mod Xbox's with, and still no luck. The only other thing I haven't tried is going back to a copy of WinXP SP1 and trying that. I never really had any of these problems until after SP2 and FXP v3 came out.

FYI:
FXP v2.1 works fine with SP2... don't ask me why, but it does.
One of the differences I did notice between v3.2 and v2.1 is that the monitoring of the transfer at the bottom of the screen in FXP seems to work better in v2.1 as well as the screen refreshing on large file transfers.

While transfering large files, v3.2 seems like it is choking on the data and sometimes only updates the transfer data at the bottom of the screen (kbps, Elapsed Time, Remaining, Queue) after the file completed or only occasionally during the transer. Maybe this has something to do with freezing and lockups??
Old 07-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #18
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There are too many changes between v2.1 and v3.2 to narrow it down to a specific change.

There is a thread somewhere on the forums that identifies a windows update that seems to conflict with some FlashFXP users. I have the thread handy but I'll try to find it when I have more time.

v3.2 has an option in the preferences "Fast File Transfer Progress Updates", when this option is checked the progress bar is much more responsive updating the display.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #19
Fog Dogg
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Have you tried FlashFXP v3.2?

We purchased an XBOX exclusively for testing and improving FlashFXP. FlashFXP v3.2 is optimized for XBOX transfers. Several FlashFXP users have confirmed the improved performance.
Woah, hate to spam the thread, but thats impressive.. thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 02:20 AM   #20
Airdog

Yeah, I would have to agree that purchasing an Xbox for testing is pretty impressive.
Did you guys also put a modchip and an upgraded HD also? What modchip did you use?

I sure would like to know what that windows update is that seems to cause a conflict... Thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 02:31 AM   #21
PopWeasel
ioFTPD Scripter

Quote:

We purchased an XBOX exclusively for testing and improving FlashFXP.
so you're saying it doesn't get used at all when people take their breaks then. what a shame.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #22
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We purchased a Pre-Mod XBOX that came with the Executor 3 mod chip.

Since the XBOX is located at my location, I'm the only one with access to it.
I'm not into console games, I perfer PC games. I usually play Battlefield 2, SWAT 3, etc.

Here's a picture of my work area, nothing too fancy..
Attached Thumbnails
FlashFXP v3.0 is broke....for xbox-image1-jpg  
Old 07-17-2005, 03:58 PM   #23
Fog Dogg
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Cool, thanks for the picture .
Old 07-17-2005, 04:37 PM   #24
Airdog

Ahhh, I see that your a lefty... I too like PC games better than console games.
BF1942, BF2, and CS 2 are a couple of my favorites... maybe I'll see ya on the battlefield sometime (Airdog99).

So what modchip did you use? And what kind of testing did you do?

Have you figured out what windows update seems to cause a conflict with FXP?... Anyone else have an idea?

Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #25
Fog Dogg
FlashFXP Beta Tester

^^
He said hes using an X3...
Old 07-17-2005, 06:08 PM   #26
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I play CS 2 sometimes but not lately.

Take a look at this thread http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=893066
Old 07-23-2005, 04:52 AM   #27
alibiz
FlashFXP Registered User

Question

Quote:
I play CS 2 sometimes but not lately.

Take a look at this thread http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=893066

bigstar, my question is this... Why would version 2 of FlashFXP work on a machine with this fix applied, and with ZoneAlarm installed, while version 3.x would not? Why would other ftp clients work on the same machine where FlashFXP 3 would not? Logic would lead me to believe that it is a problem with FlashFXP 3.x and not a MS fix, or ZoneAlarm. I have a hard time accepting the logic behind a recommendation to uninstall ZoneAlarm when other ftp clients are working just fine!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #28
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Your question doesn't have a simple answer. The problem is that we can't reproduce the problem on any of our systems. We don't recommend removing any firewall that may expose your computer to harm. Some software firewalls work better than others, and hardware firewalls work much better than software firewalls. However if the firewall isn't properly configured it's not doing much good.

The majority of the people I've talked to don't have any problems with FlashFXP and this MS hotfix or ZoneAlarm. This problem seems to be limited to a select group of users.

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, transfer, xbox, xboxes