Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 10-28-2004, 05:41 AM   #1
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default 3.02 b1044 update behavior & compare folder content bug

During LiveUpdate, when you hit to download the update exe, if you have a queue being transfered, flashfxp will finish the current file then stall/pause while live update is downloading the update exe. Once download is done and the prompt waits for you to run the update, queue will resume and complete as normal.

Not sure if this is by design, but is there a need for this to happen, the personal download of the update exe should not in any way interfere with current fxp queue.

Compare Folder Content Bug - Noticed to bug just minutes ago with 1039 so decided to update and bug is still present. For some reason the compare folder content feature it not working when you compare the contents (files), however it seems to work fine when comparing a directory with lots of folders in it. Infact if just ONE of the two locations you are comparing against each other has just ONE folder it seems to work fine. But if both locations have only files the compare fails to highlight the correct files.

Win2k sp4
Old 10-28-2004, 06:44 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The "save as" prompt is a modal dialog and executes in the same thread as the ftp connection and because of this the ftp connection cannot continue until the dialog is closed.

I performed several tests with the compare folder feature and I was unable to detect any bugs, everything appears to work fine here.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:40 PM   #3
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

The pause is not during the save as prompt, rather while the downloade is in progress, but that explains the pause anyway.

As for the Compare folder content, i am able to reproduce this every time. I did a little more playing and from what i can understand it is under specific circumstance that this happens.

Enter two folders one on each side of flashfxp, both folder contain files only (no sub directory or link of any kind). Bug seems to occur when BOTH sides contain file sets in the format of filename.rxx sequences. eg.

Left Side: Right Side:
file1.rar file1.rar
file1.r00 file1.r00
file1.r01 file1.r02
file1.r02

When the 'Compare Folder Content' feature is run, the 'file1.r01' is NOT highlighted as it should be. Result is the same for multiple differences between the two.

Not sure what else i can do to test this or narrow it down...
Old 10-28-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I duplicated your example above and it worked correctly.

In the compare folder advanced options make sure you have "Ignore file extension" unchecked.
Obviously if this is checked the file is a match and wont be selected.

Apart from that one option I don't see any other options that could conflict with your results.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:48 AM   #5
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Ah, this was indeed the problem. I was unaware of such options and took a little time to find as i do not have the 'compare folder' button set to display to begin with. thanks.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
thop
FlashFXP Registered User

Where are the advanced compare folder options anyway?
Old 10-31-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

You must right click the button bar and check to display the compare folder button, then (like the selective transfer) you click the small pull down arrow and go to 'advanced'

Tags
compare, download, flashfxp, fxp, update