Old 10-13-2004, 01:56 AM   #1
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default 1039: find bug?

b1039 / win2k sp4

In build 1038 when using the new custom find dialog on an ftp, when clicking the 'find next' it would continue to work its way down the folder/file list, highlighting all the matches as you continued to click find next.

In build 1039 this seems to have stopped, the find will now only find and highlight the upper most match, when clicking the find next simply nothing happens, it finds the first and then the dialog disappears.

Now, if i hit ctrl+f then hit find next again, it will again just find the first match, however the info bar will update, and say that there are now 2 files selected. I continued to hit ctrl+f and find next over and over with the same result. Each time it simply rehighlights the first match and the dialog disappears again.

The info bar now says "0 folders, 8 files, 8 total, 44 selected (16,688 bytes)" Which is obviously wrong.

Hmm, so i guess this could be two bugs (or two behaviors created by the same bug?), the info line is incorrectly being updated, and the find dialog is unable to correctly find and handle multiple results as it did in build 1038.

Will provide any other info or screen shots and so on if needed.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:30 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

In or around build 1038 some changes were made to how find worked. At first thought this seemed like a good idea, however alot of users weren't too happy with this change so the find was changed back to the old behavior.

hotkeys ctrl-f is to Find and F3 is to Find Next

build 1039 works exactly the same way as v3.0 final.

I will take a look at the selection count problem.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:42 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have determined there is a bug in the selection count after performing a find, I will address this in the next update.

Thank You
Old 10-13-2004, 06:14 PM   #4
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I see, have never really had much use for find before so had not really noticed the initial change

Tags
build, dialog, find, ftp, info