Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 09-26-2004, 01:24 AM   #1
raven
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Memory could not be read error

My FlashFXP crashes with the following error:
The instruction at '0x7c91e9c9' referenced memory at '0x01770030'. The memory could not be read.

I always use a queue and then choose On transfer complete -> Quit FlashFXP

I am using the final version, 3.0.1015

Is this a known bug that is going to be fixed or already fixed in newer beta-versions?

* FlashFXP v[3].[0], build [1015], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X] WinXP, [ ] Win2003, [ ] Win2000, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [Netgear WGT624], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [Real Secure Desktop protector], Ver. [7.0enr], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Symantec AV CE 9.0.1.1000] or [ ] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other
Attached Images
File Type: gif flashfxp3_dump.gif (6.5 KB, 283 views)
Old 09-26-2004, 10:16 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We are aware of this error while exiting FlashFXP. We've been working hard since v3.0 release to try and determine the cause of this error.

Unfortunately due to the nature of this error and the fact that it occurs after the error handler has already shutdown it's making it very difficult to diagnose.

If Is any other additional information that you could provide that might help us.

Specifically the type of transfer (Upload, Download, Site to Site) and the brand of FTP server software.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:53 PM   #3
raven
FlashFXP Registered User

I don't know if this helps, but here's some more info:
I was uploading to my other computer which is a Serv-U 5.0.0.0 ftp server. I have two ip-adresses on the same ADSL connection, one for the netgear wgt624 router and one directly to the ftp-server. One of the computers, a Dell D600 laptop with 1GB ram, which uploaded the data with FlashFXP has the Real Secure Desktop protector firewall and the ftp server has Windows XP sp2 firewall enabled with the exceptions for the ftp ports. Both computers is running XP Pro sp2 with all latest automatic windows updates. The uploading computer is NATed with the Netgear WGT624 and uses the cable connection in this case. The transfer was fast so it stays internal within my adsl modem. I tried a 578MB file and it was uploaded with 4875KB/s. I only have 8/1mbit connection so it couldn't have round-tripped the gateway.

This is the config:
adsl-modem
-> Netgear 100mbit 4 port switch
-> one port on the switch to Netgear WGT624 and one port to the computer with the ftp server
Old 10-04-2004, 07:50 AM   #4
Joker

I just got this error myself also, altough there are other numbers on the error window.

This happened when the transfer had finished and got discnnected from site. ffxp was in tray for about 2hours and then when i opened and closed it i got this error.

build: 1038, winxp pro sp2, zone alarm, kaspersky personal antivirus.
I have no free mem program or anything like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Memory could not be read error-error-jpg  

Tags
fixed, flashfxp, memory, running, [x]