Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 08-08-2004, 04:47 AM   #1
Joker

Default Old bug that havent been fixed yet

I remember i posted this bug in the V2.1 forum.
I cant find the post when i searched, but ill explain my problem again.

The FlashFxp menus are going behind flashfxp, which causes flashfxp to freeze.
It is hard to explain but say you start flashfxp and press F6 (settings) then if you click on the main flashfxp window the settings menu goes behind flashfxp.
This however doesnt happen when i open the site manager menu or the backup/restore but on the rest it does happen such as quick connect, filters, file assoc.... and so on.

I have isolated the problem that i am using JT tray minimizer (which can minimize all window to the systemtray under one icon.)
Can be found here

The JT tray program works good with all other apps ive tried altough some has the same problem as ffxp.

Would be very happy if you could fix this bigstar. Ive been having this problem for almost a year now.

Using WinXP pro SP1 all updates
FlashFxp 1015
JT tray minimize 2.4
Think that covers it.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:34 AM   #2
hellyes

why dont you use the F9 button in FlashFXP to minimize it to tray? there is no need for workaround tools
Old 08-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
Joker

The app is not being used just for flashfxp.
Its an allround app that can minimize any window to the tray such as internet explorer and so on.

Many apps works good with JT traymin except flashfxp and a few others.

I just wonder if bigstar can "force" all windows related to flashfxp to stay on top of the app and not behind. Some windows (for eg sitemanager) already does this as you could read in my first post but some dont. And those are the ones that i would be very happy for if its fixed.
Since this is not something the authors of JT traymin can do anything about.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I suspect this problem relates to programs created with Borland Delphi.

Programs created with Delphi have a hidden window (main application window) that is used for the taskbar entry, most 3rd party programs that interact externally with Delphi programs aren't very compatible.

I suspect the reason why the Site Manager isn't effected is because I override the window create procedure and tell it to assign the parent to the main FlashFXP (visible) window. All other windows use the default which assigns the parent to the hidden window.

Not all windows are created the same way, the backup/restore windows are modal windows.

Not all child forms can have a parent of the main FlashFXP window, I will make an attempt to switch all that can handle it. In doing so it's quite possible that a new type of problem may arrise.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I was doing some tests with JT traymin and it looks like all text input windows can end up behind the main window. This might be one area where my previous solution falls short.

The best solution would be for JT traymin to improve it's support for handling Delphi compiled applications. Whether or not this is possible I don't know, but due to the way Delphi applications are created there's no perfect way for me to fix this problem.

Tags
flashfxp, happen, problem, settings, tray