Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 07-30-2004, 04:51 AM   #1
stalker

Exclamation Bad connection problems after upgrade/reinstall

After upgrading to the v3 final (1015) today I cannot connect to ANY sites which are not port 21 ftps.

This is an office network running NAT and a firewall of course, but everything worked fine for years using FlashFXP and the same sites.

All other sites using TLS or running on other ports report connection refused. I cannot even get on my own webserver anymore and the ftp logfile doesn't even show a connection attempt!

After tweaking around and endless tries I backupped my old data and reinstalled FlashFXP into a clean directory and added the according sites by hand again and it still didn't work.

Your help and feedback is very appreciated.

.slk
Old 07-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

you sure system admin didn't change firewall rules just as the same time that you happened to upgrade ffxp?
are you running any local firewalls?
can you connect to those ftp using command line ftp or web browser?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
stalker

OK there is definetly something wrong with this release..

I cannot reach some sites from home either, I let the siteop check the glftp logs and they say i don't supply the needed ident!

Ident works just fine for some others servers though. I never changed anything on my firewall for ages and this happens since i "upgraded" to the final version 1015 - the beta worked very well
Old 08-05-2004, 01:52 PM   #4
Linkster
Administrator

Did you check to make sure your IDENT options are still setup, and that no other program is sending IDENT? for glftpd, use AUTH SSL, not AUTH TLS. Make sure your firewall is forwarding in the IDENT port to your PC.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:51 AM   #5
stalker

Yes, ident is configured correctly, I also disabled ident on connect only and let some friends from various countries request ident and it works fine - also some server which require my ident also work. I tried any authentication method, in all the cases the server logs show that no ident is given.
I also tried a quick connect, in case the saved site entry had any issues, but that didnt help either.

Tags
connection, flashfxp, ftp, ftps, sites