Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 08-15-2004, 08:46 AM   #1
EddyB43
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Clipboard monitoring of ftp:// URL with 2 windows open

I've been using the Tools, Clipboard, Monitoring checked function (Auto transfer unchecked) for quick connections to FTPs when I copy an ftp:// URL. This has been working fine, until I used it with 2 sessions open.

I had been retrying a connection to another FTP with a queue setup. I used F12 in that window to open a new FlashFXP window. I then copied the ftp://username:password@IP:port/ URL. Both windows proceeded to connect and list the FTP / dir. I disconnected the first window and set it back to retrying on the original queue. When I tried to grab files from the second window, it instantly errored the files "queued" (either by queueing or transferring) saying the site did not exist in the site manager. The second window, after disconnecting from the FTP, did not show a "Reconnect: IP" command under the connect toolbar button. The second session was acting like it had never been connected to any FTP.

Simple solution for me is to disable clipboard monitoring under Tools, Clipboard, Monitoring and just hit F8 in a disconnected FlashFXP session, paste in the ftp:// URL and connect manually.

This could be "fixed" by giving an option to ignore clipboard monitoring if the session is already in use, perhaps it already does if a transfer is actually in process rather than retrying connection.

* FlashFXP v3.0, build 1015, [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [X] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [X] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dial-Up, [ ] Other

Tags
clipboard, flashfxp, ftp, ftps, window