Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
inrobit

Default Odd Crash During File Transfer

FlashFXP v[3 ].[4 ], build [ 1145], [X ]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X ] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X Linksys Wireless G ] Yes & Model [ ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ X Zone Alarm Security Suite ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [AVG Free ] Yes, Name [ ] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [ X] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

Hi all-
I am experiencing an odd problem with FlashFXP that only recently started occurring. When I attempt to transfer files to my XBOX via FlashFXP, the program will freeze almost immediately. The transfer status bar does not even have time to appear before the program crashes. Upon restarting the program, and reconnecting to the XBOX, the file I attempt to transfer is visible, however, it is only the first few megabytes of the file. Oddly, this only happens when I attempt to transfer from computer to xbox. From xbox to computer, the transfer works perfectly fine. I can also connect to other FTP sites, and all transfers work fine. I've tried many things... if anyone has encountered anything like this, or has a slight clue what is going on, I'd be happy to provide additional information. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by inrobit; 02-11-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Didn't read the rules...
Old 02-11-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

have you tried disabling zonealarm and avg?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
inrobit

yes, but the crash seems to occur anyways. i doubt the problem is the with xbox, which is softmodded, as everyone else on my network can connect to it with ease. I don't know if the problem is isolated to FlashFXP, as I have tried other FTP clients as well, such as SmartFTP, and although there is no crash, the transfer does not complete there either.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

When FlashFXP crashes what's the error message? is there a crash report dialog?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #5
inrobit

neither occur to my knowledge. the program can only be shut down using the task manager, and if not, it just remains frozen on the screen. the last log message that appears doesn't appear out of the ordinary. i have typed out the log after the crash here, as i cannot copy and paste it since the program is frozen.

after i hit transfer, these are the log entries that appear, although i think they all seem normal?

[R] TYPE 1
[R] Type set to IMAGE
[R] PORT xxx.xxx.x.xxx,10,230
[R] 200 Port command ok
[R] STOR Scattered.avi

and then the program is totally frozen.

and any file i try to send seems to almost always transfer exactly 32MB of data or 5MB or data, which is very odd.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

my bet is on zonealarm
i know it seems like we're pointing fingers, but zonealarm is know for weird freakouts.
if you can, try to temporary uninstall zonealarm and try to upload again...just disabling it isn't enough since it still keeps some stuff in memory.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
inrobit

it was zone alarm. i had a feeling that it might be anyways, as it was not the first problem i've had with them. i just recently had to wipe my system due to a problem with the latest zone alarm version. i'm probably going to switch back to their free firewall, seems to work much better than any of the paid programs. thanks again for the help.

Tags
attempt, flashfxp, ftp, transfer, xbox