Old 01-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #1
cjr
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Exclamation FlashFXP and Vista?

Hi all,

Currently I am running Vista and while I have decided to install FlashFXP I am aware of only one problem which I thought I would let the dev team know about. Might be a problem with the config I am running but its all the defaults.

I have installed FFXP with default settings as well and for all users so all the application files and queue's etc are located in c:\program files\flashfxp\

The only problem I have run into at this stage is with the queues. If I connect to a site, queue up a number of files then save the queue, all works ok. The problem is when you load a queue saved under Vista. It doesn't show up with any contents and the file is not listed a 0bytes. If I look at it under notepad etc, it is simply blank.

I would like to know if anyone else can confirm this. I am going to uninstall it and try installing it for the current user to see if saving queue files to the users profile directory makes a difference.

Any thing you need to know please let me know.

FlashFXP v4.0.0, build 1462, registered
Firewall: Linux IPTables
Antivirus: Sophos
Network: xDSL

Old 01-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not quite sure what's going on there. Everything seems to be working fine on my Vista test machine.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:57 AM   #3
cjr
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hi Bigstar,

Hope you had a good christmas/new year. I have done a few more things which I hope can shed some light on the problem I am seeing.

1. Uninstalled FFXP and re-installed into the user profile directory rather than to the shared location of c:\Program Files\FlashFXP. No errors.

2. Tried to load an old queue that was previously saved on Windows XP. Works. (see free_0.fqf)

3. Tried to overwrite the above queue. File saves as 0k in the FFXP profile directory. I have attached that (free_1.fqf) Open that and its blank.

4. Tried saving as a different name. Saves a 0k file.

5. Saved file to a different drive altogether. Same result, 0k file.

5. I have attached a copy of the permissions (perm.png) for the profile dir (C:\Users\christopher\AppData\Roaming\FlashFXP\3) which shows I have full rights to the dir.

So, having done all this I am stumped. If yours is working on Vista and mine isn't I can't see what could possibly be wrong. I am running Vista Ultimate. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have changed the security policy under Vista for the UAC so its not quite so annoying. Perhaps this is it?

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
FlashFXP and Vista?-perm-png  
Attached Files
File Type: zip queue.zip (371 Bytes, 183 views)

Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #4
ChieFwiGGum
FlashFXP Registered User

Vista redirects all files, which were written outside of users home-directory, to a special dir, that is called "VirtualStore" (%appdata%\VirtualStore), because filewritting outside of usersdir is not allowed to restricted users. Registry-entries, that were written to HKLM-Tree are redirected to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
That is a temp. mechanism from microsoft to ensure, that "non-vista-compatible"-applications are working further on. But ms intends to disable it at any time...

I think, you have two options now:
1. "Rerun" flashfxp-setup and select, that flashfxp should store your settings in your users %appdata%-dir
2. Perform your edits in %appdata%\VirtualStore-directory (or was it local-settings-dir? dont know...)

http://windowsconnected.com/blogs/je.../12/19/86.aspx
Old 01-21-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
cjr
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hi All,

Still no progress on this after re-installing a number of times trying to get FFXP to save queue files. I hope Bigstar you can give me a tip on how you managed to install it without having this same problem. Is your installation per-user or for all users?

Thanks...

Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 AM   #6
cjr
FlashFXP Beta Tester

By golly I think I have figured it out. It seems that when I go to save a queue in FFXP it defaults to the option of "Save Selection" rather than "FlashFXP Queue File". Pic attached. Both are fqf but there is a big difference somewhere.

Don't know if anyone see's the same thing by default but I have installed FFXP under Vista now some 10 times in order to get this working.

So, if you use the Save Selection, chances are you will end up with a 0k queue file. I hope someone else can confirm this as a bug. No offense Bigstar...

PS. I also don't think the email notification from this board is working either..?
Attached Thumbnails
FlashFXP and Vista?-ffxp_queue-png  

Old 01-29-2007, 02:24 AM   #7
Linkster
Administrator

thanks cjr, we'll look into it. i'll also check on email notification.

Tags
files, flashfxp, problem, queue, vista