Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
beeej

Default Upgrade wipes sites.dat

Hello!

I've been running 3.2 very happily, and watching the 3.4 beta process but have only now installed 3.4.0 final as I was quite happy with 3.2

When I ran the downloader, and then ran the update, I was asked if I wanted to backup my data (yes). One thing I did choose was to use Program Files to store my config and not the Windows user appdata directory.

When 3.4 ran for the first time, my sites were gone. So straight away, I went to the import feature (very impressive!) and got the sites.dat out of the backup directory.

This worked, however, the sites.dat in the backup directory was not my sites.dat from 3.2

In fact, it had a datestamp in the past, and had generic sites in, but did not appear to have my sites in.

I've checked the files manually in UltraEdit and done a search to check I hadn't squirreled the file away somewhere, but no, these are the only two sites.dat files, and somehow they are the same.

Maybe I screwed up myself, but the bottom line is, I selected to backup the data with the installer, but when I ran 3.4 for the first time, my sites were gone, and an Import did not work either.

Thanks for the top-notch well-presented application, which I am happy to have registered.

Beej

* FlashFXP v[3].[4], build [1140], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [X] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [ ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [X] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [X] Other
Old 06-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The installer is specifically configured to not overwrite an existing sites.dat file with our default site list. I have personally tested this quite a few times. I don't know what could of happened.

I'm not entirely clear on how the backup feature works, but perhaps it doesn't backup files if they already exist in the backup folder.

I will notify someone who knows more about the installer to look into this.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
freestef

Hi,
I ran into the same problem today. All I did was accept all the default installer settings. Now my sites are gone.
Not very happy greetings.
Freestef
Old 06-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #4
Linkster
Administrator

freestef, which version of FlashFXP 3.4 did you install? Can you please make sure you installed 3.4.0.1145? Also, a more detailed explanation of your setup would be helpful, including what version you were upgrading from.

beeej, we did find some abnormalities in the installer which could have contributed to this in very rare cases, but we pushed a new installer release out for build 1140, and of course its fixed in 1145.

I'm sorry for the trouble, and thanks for providing as much information as possible.

Tags
flashfxp, ran, sites, sites.dat, [x]