Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 11-16-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
furbitor
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Flashfxp minimzed, wont restore

OK first:

* FlashFXP v[3 ].[ 0.2], build [1045 ], [ x]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x ] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [x ] Yes & Model [netgear rp614 ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ x] Yes, Name [norton ], Ver. [2004 IS ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [ x] Yes, Name [Norton pro ] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ slowest available] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

I have a problem. When I purchased flashfxp, it was version 2.1.

I absolutely LOVE it. But when I somehow accidently minimized the program to my taskbar, Nothing I can do will bring it back. The program runs starts up fine.. brings up the queue list the is unfinished, but the main window is history. The buttons on the taskbar show it as fullscreen, but it isnt. I have tried deleting the program and reinstalling, but the exact same problem imediatley occurs again, on the new install.

There IS one way I found to make flashfxp show up again, which involved me reinstalling windows xp again. Then I installed flashfxp 2.1 from my saved files, it worked normal. I was happy again.

Well, 5 days ago I made the mistake of minimizing FlashFxp again, and now the same problem rears its head. I been scanning your forums for anything related to this with no success.

So I upgraded to version 3.0.2, hoping it would make a difference. But no luck the newy installed flashfxp wants to resume my broken downloads... runs in the task manager, and according to the taskbar buttons, fullscreen. but I cant see/use it.

Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Furbitor
Old 11-17-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
furbitor
FlashFXP Registered User

any thoughts? by the way.. I use dual monitors...
Old 11-17-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I think the problem might be related to your dual monitor setup could you please explain your hardware setup.

Also could you send me a private message containing the content of your FlashFXP.ini, i'd like to check on a few values.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
furbitor
FlashFXP Registered User

No problem, thanks. I will send the .ini asap.

I run dual veiwsonics 21" g810.... on a visiontek geoforce 4600ti.

its the darnest thing. I forgot to mention the program minimizes and restores normally for the longest time... and by some freak instance, I do it just like always.. and its gone. I would blame it on windows, or some freak occurance, but when the program is uninstalled and reinstalled... the problem continues.

(sending you that ini right away!!)

Thanks for your attention.
furb
Old 11-18-2004, 12:07 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Which version of the nvidia drivers are you using?

I'm going to see if I can link up two monitors to my system to troubleshoot this behavior. I have a similar nvidia card.

In the meantime if you open your flashfxp.ini in notepad and look under [window] you'll see left= in the ini you sent me it was a negitive number, I'm not sure if this should be negitive you could try setting it to zero "left=0" and see if FlashFXP appears on your screen.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:00 AM   #6
furbitor
FlashFXP Registered User

THANK YOU!! that neg number did it. I got my program back. Its like it moved the window to a postion sooooo far to the left I couldnt grab or see it... weird.....

BTW... drivers are 6.14.10.6177

Thanks mucho Grande!!

Furb
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #7
furbitor
FlashFXP Registered User

Oh , I set the value to 0, and saved it.. but made no difference..mebbe i didnt double click save (dont know)... but then i went back and it still had the neg number.

So I set it to a value of 1.

badda bing!

Thanks Bigstar
Old 11-18-2004, 03:43 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Some multi-monitor setups use negative numbers for one of the monitors. With Nvidia drivers 6.14.10.6693 I attempted to reproduce this behavior but I was unsucessful, The screen coordinates were always positive. I'm not sure if this is something changed from earlier nvidia drivers or just my setup.

Could you please run the mult-monitor test program attached to this post and report your results. I hope to use this info to improve FlashFXP multi-monitor support.

If you're reading this read and you have a multi-monitor setup, even if you currently don't have any problems can you please post your results. Thank You
Attached Files
File Type: zip multimontest.zip (156.6 KB, 101 views)
Old 11-18-2004, 08:25 PM   #9
furbitor
FlashFXP Registered User

Monitor Count: 2
--------------------------
Monitor 1: Left: 0, Top: 0, Width: 1024, Height: 768
Monitor 2: Left: 1024, Top: 0, Width: 1024, Height: 768

there u go. Thanks again.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
xxaaqq

Monitor 1: Left: 0, Top: 0, Width: 1280, Height: 1024Monitor 2: Left: -1024, Top: 256, Width: 1024, Height: 768

My problem is that my secondary is to the left of the primary, and the confirmation window for overwriting files always appears over the primary even though the transfer window is to the left, on the secondary.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaaqq
Monitor 1: Left: 0, Top: 0, Width: 1280, Height: 1024Monitor 2: Left: -1024, Top: 256, Width: 1024, Height: 768

My problem is that my secondary is to the left of the primary, and the confirmation window for overwriting files always appears over the primary even though the transfer window is to the left, on the secondary.
What version/build of FlashFXP are you using?
Do any other dialogs appear on the wrong monitor? (Preferences, Site Manager, etc)
Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #12
xxaaqq

Version 3.2.0 (build 1080)

Other dialogs seem to appear on the correct monitor (for example, Help>About where I pulled the version number.)
Old 09-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Ok, but what about the preferences or site manager dialogs? The about box doesn't really count.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #14
xxaaqq

As I said, that was just an example. (That's why I said "for example".) The options/preferences are on the correct monitor. As far as I can tell, all are except confirmation dialog... but I didn't try to find every dialog in existence, so I can't tell you with 100% certainty.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #15
xxaaqq

Also, I didn't think this was necessarily the correct thread to discuss this, so I created one for it... but it was deleted. So that sucks, because people that might have the answer have no reason to read this thread for a different question...

Tags
flashfxp, problem, program, running, taskbar