Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here.

Old 07-23-2005, 03:49 AM   #1
alibiz
FlashFXP Registered User

Angry Just purchased and uploads hanging!

* FlashFXP v[3].[2.0], build [1080 ],[*]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS[*] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router[*] Yes & Model [Dlink DI-624], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall[*] Yes, Name [ZoneAlarm Security Suite], Ver. [5.5.094.000], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus[*] Yes, Name [ZoneAlarm] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL,[*] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

I just purchased my license, installed 3.2 and started to upload...hangs, CPU usage is over 50% ...Tried CuteFtp Pro 7 with the same files to the same server and all is ok. This must be a FlashFXP bug!? Please help...
Old 07-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Did FlashFXP work prior to purchasing a license?

The latest version of Zone Alarm Security Suite appears to be 6.0.631.002, I would recommend updating your version of Zone Alarm Security Suite.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
Seome
Inicom Networks Support
Ultimate Scripter

5.5.094 is the correct version for version 5.x of ZoneAlarm Security Suite, to go to the 6.x one you'd have to buy a completely new license I think. I'm running it and haven't had any issues with FlashFXP, though you may want to check that byte level scanning is not active.

Do you have SP2 installed and if so is the windows firewall disabled?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:32 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I talked to a few people and did quite a bit of research and there seems to be mixed results with Zone Alarm v5.x with slow down issues and high cpu usage with quite a few different internet applications. From what I've been gathering v6.x is more stable and solves problems for those who had problems with v5.x.

It's a shame they charge people for the v6 upgrade when v5 is obviously buggy. If they can't fix it in v5 then v6 should be a free update, but that's just my two cents.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:19 AM   #5
alibiz
FlashFXP Registered User

ok, I have news here.
I am running SP1 (not SP2) with Zone Alarm 5.5.094.
FlashFXP was tested on another Windows XP SP1 machine but with no ZoneAlarm, and it worked ok, so I went ahead and purchased a full license and installed it on the machine that will be doing the ftp most of the time and discovered this issue...

The good news: I went ahead and upgraded my ZoneAlarm to 6.0.631.002 (for free) and FlashFXP seems to work just fine...ran several tests with many files of varying sizes being uploaded and all is fine consistently.

Bigstar, I am just curious, why do you think that ZoneAlarm's bug (if it is in ZoneAlarm) is affecting FlashFXP and none of my other FTP/Internet applications? Are you using a specific Socket/FTP library that might be sensitive to something ZoneAlarm incorrectly configured? It is an interesting issue, please keep us posted when you do find out what is going on.
And thanks for your help.
AM

Note: if your ZoneAlarm Product Upgrade Service has not expired then the upgrade to 6 is free, but currently ZoneAlarm does not detect the need for an upgrade when you click the "Check for Update" button, they will probably update their database in the next few days. Just go to the Release History page to download it.
Code:
http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/information/zass/releaseHistory.html
Old 07-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It seems to be a Zone Alarm bug because issues exist with quite a few different applications and is not limited to just FlashFXP. Everything from other ftp clients, to p2p applications, and even email clients. I don't recall the specific software but if you google around you will probably come across the same info I found.

I use native winsock api directly interfacing FlashFXP with MS Windows winsock interface. The underlaying design is pretty generic using non-blocking sockets.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:57 AM   #7
alibiz
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
It seems to be a Zone Alarm bug because issues exist with quite a few different applications and is not limited to just FlashFXP. Everything from other ftp clients, to p2p applications, and even email clients. I don't recall the specific software but if you google around you will probably come across the same info I found.

I use native winsock api directly interfacing FlashFXP with MS Windows winsock interface. The underlaying design is pretty generic using non-blocking sockets.
Thanks for the response bigstar; I've written several winsock-based tools/apps and know exactly what you mean. I guess I've been lucky in my case, as I only ran into issues with FlashFXP so it was easy to blame the one application that did not work. Sorry...
Keep up the good work, FlashFXP is the best FTP client I have seen. Thanks.

Tags
flashfxp, mad, purchased, running, upload