Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Language Translations Help us translate FlashFXP into your native language.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP v4.x Language Translation Guide

1. Download FlashFXP and then install it, if you haven't already.

2. Start FlashFXP, from the main menu Options > Languages > Translate

3. From the Translation Editor dialog, select Language > New

4. Enter the name of the language. i.e. Chinese Simplified

5. Select the character set needed to display the language, for Chinese Simplified the default character set isn't sufficient and it needs to be changed to GB2312. If you're unsure which character set is needed you can always come back and change it after the translation has been started in Language > Properties.

6. Enter your nick name or real name, this will be displayed in the credits tab of the about box dialog. You are welcome to include a link to a website as well, provided the website does not contain any content that may be considered offense, obscene, or illegal. i.e.
Code:
Charles DeWeese - http://www.opensightsoftware.com
7. Enter your personal ID number. This number is provided when you sign up to our website, and is displayed after you login. Your personal ID number allows use to authentic you as the translator of the language. Please do not share or give out this number.

8. Click the OK button.

Now you can start translating the text from the English to the new language you created.

When you save the language, your changes will also be submitted to our server.

We will be notified when the translation is 100% completed or you can contact us to let us know. Once we have reviewed your submission we will approve it.

Once your translation is approved everyone will be able to download it via FlashFXP, from the main menu, Options > Languages > Download / Update Languages

Last edited by bigstar; 03-12-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
baki49

Exacly, txh
Old 03-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
jaydentrenton

its a nice guidance, thanks for sharing...!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
tmighty
FlashFXP Registered User

I am using FlashFXP 4.2.0 (build 1730) and I just switched to the German translation.
I noticed that "Options" in the menu bar (the one next "Queue") is not translated yet, and I wanted to fix it. When I wanted to insert my translation, I noticed that somebody already translated it (and did that well), but it does not show up in FlashFXP yet.
Should I simply wait for the new version in which it is included, or is this perhaps a bug, and it will never use the German translation?
Thank you very much for your wonderful program, it is one of the best purchases I ever made in my life!

ps: The one who did the German translations really did them great. It is not easy to find a good balance of English terms that should stay English, and those terms that should really be translated to German. He did it great. It is a pleasure to look at them.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You can download language updates from within FlashFXP from the main menu > Options > Languages > Download / Update Languages

The latest language update includes all translations for the German language.

If you're still not seeing the update try changing the language to English and back to German, though it should automatically apply the new strings after updating.

The majority of the German language was done by Blubi and he did an excellent job translating.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
ArabiaAvonlea

Some writing styles get much better results from machine translation software than others. Ideally you want to keep things as simple and unambiguous as possible. Pretending to write for a child can help.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, language, number, translation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: