Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Language Translations Help us translate FlashFXP into your native language.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #1
Tom.g

Exclamation Right to Left Problem

By the requet of "Jon" in the E-mail for opening a new thread for this subject.
info:

Is that Hebrew & Aabic (i understand that the arabic translator have the same problem) is a Right to Left language. menus, dialogs and etc... Should be reversed for, getting a correct translation.
I should know if it's possible for you to do before I start translating, so I will know where to position the exclamation marks.

P.S: you can check the latest release of "Spybot S&&D" application, which also (I think) was wroted in the same scripting language. There, when u chooses Hebrew, the interface toggles everything into RTL (Right to Left).

Home of Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
(Is also one of our translations. webpage as well, Choose the Israeli flag.)
Old 08-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not entirely sure if RTL will be possible in controls the same way they appear in SpyBot S&D since it uses custom controls for the RTL. Also their multi-language support is quite different their our design.

I've never worked with RTL before so research will be necessary before I can determine if it's possible.

What translation differences are there between hebrew LTR and RTL?

I have included a screenshot provided by our Arabic translator.
Attached Thumbnails
Right to Left Problem-2-png  
Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 AM   #3
Linkster
Administrator

As a workaround, would it not be possible to simply write your sentences "backwards"?..

ie, ?backwards sentences your write simply to possible be not it would, workaround a As

Old 08-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
Tom.g

i understand its kinda hard for you to understand why its like that, but thats how they did it over the Middle east.. anyway, for example lets take the word "No!" , in Hebrew it should be:

(RTL) if you want it to be correct.
!לא

also if u will write it without making the RTL layout it would be (not correct)
לא!

see the different? the first one is the correct, the second one is its like you having the word !no in english and thats wrong right? this is one thing which is the text align.. the other thing is the revresed interface, this image will tell u everything;

thats how it is in LTR (what you got right now):
Left To Right

now see it at RTL (i edited the photo by images editor, i was lazy making everything but u can get the idea):
Right To Left

The second one is the correct one

the Arabic translation u showed me is incorrect, same as Hebrew, everything should be reversed.. also our and the Arabs windows OS is revesred as well, so if u get a translation for a software it would be a bit useless to have it all in LTR.

try to imagine urself using FlashFXP in RTL and with using the English version

so, my point is that its a very major problem, also would u mind telling me in which script language exactly FlashFXP wrote in? so i could ask some guys from our team and Hebrew Dev forums which know more about it.

thanks for trying to solve this problem, Tom.
Attached Thumbnails
Right to Left Problem-ltr-jpg   Right to Left Problem-rtl-jpg  
Old 08-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
Tom.g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster
As a workaround, would it not be possible to simply write your sentences "backwards"?..

ie, ?backwards sentences your write simply to possible be not it would, workaround a As

yes thats possible, more work to me tho but i don't mind. the problem is that it dosent solve the interface problem which is more important.
Closed Thread

Tags
hebrew, language, left, problem, spybot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: