Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Andrax_2

Default FlashFXP system state settings?

I've recently noticed that whenever I open FlashFXP it is all mashed up into a tiny windowed mode. So, each time you have to grab the lower right corner with the mouse and drag it over and down to increase the window size so that you can actually see whats going on.

The only thing thats changed on the system between now and when it used to open the same size as it was when used last is that i've moved to dual displays.

Can anyone direct me to where the window state information is stored and possibly tell me what may have happened to have caused this issue? It's not really debilitating, but its pretty annoying to have to resize the window every time the app is opened.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Can you please describe your multi-monitor setup, the resolution of each, which is primary, video card, etc

Also if you could please run this test program and provide your results, https://oss.azurewebsites.net/zip/MultiMonTest.zip
Old 04-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Andrax_2

Sure, test results as follows...

Monitor 1: Left: 0, Top: 0, Width: 1280, Height: 1024Monitor 2: Left: 1280, Top: 0, Width: 1280, Height: 1024

Its two Samsung 710n's, resolution of both is 1280X1024. They are side by side, the monitor on the left is the primary, display on the right is secondary.

The application opens in the primary display. Video card is presently an ATI X800 Pro
Old 04-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thanks for the results, I have a couple more questions.

When you close FlashFXP is it on the primary display or secondary?

If you close it one or the other monitor does it make any difference?

Also could you please send me a screenshot of FlashFXP, I'm interested in knowing the exact size it shrinks down to in relation to the monitor resolution.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
Andrax_2

Thanks for the reply.

It's on the Primary, Doesnt seem to matter if its used on the primary or secondary monitor. It always opens on the primary, and is always small at this point.

Attached screenshot (its a biggie) of the whole desktop with flashfxp window as it opens at default now.

Pardon the messy desktop, i've not cleaned it lately
Old 04-11-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

wow that is tiny. After reviewing the code that adjusts the window position for the second time I was unable to find anything that might explain this behavior. Thats when I realized I should check the source for 3.0 build 1045, I see some slight changes to the way the window is sized compared to the latest beta.

You may want to give the beta release a try and see if it solves your problem, at least we'll know and if not hopefully we can get this solved for the final.

https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download-beta.php
Old 04-11-2005, 09:40 PM   #7
Andrax_2

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately upgrading to the beta didn't do anything to resolve the problem.

However, I did a little more poking around in the ATI software, since thats the only thing thats really changed on this system since it was working normally. I found a toggle in the "Hydravision" software that appears to have resolved my problem.

In the Hydravision properties in the Desktop Management tab, the second section down from the top is "General" The first toggle on the left hand side is "Application position memory". Well, apparently this is either bugged, or named incredibly poorly because if there IS a check in this box, FlashFXP always opens in that tiny tiny tiny mode. If I deselect it, I can resize the window, close FlashFXP and when I re-open it, its still the same size it was when I used it last.

phew...

Thank goodness. It's amazing how annoying little things like that can become.

Thanks for your help. Its much appreciated, and I deffinitely love your software.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, size, state, time, window

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: