Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if only it was that simple, we'd have sftp/ssh and multithreading support long time ago.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #17
taber
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Yes, actually I did think SFTP was just going to be another internet protocol that was going to appear and fade away just as quickly. To my surprise it's becoming more and more common these days. In my opinion Secure FTP (FTP w/ SSL/TLS) is far more superior than SFTP, yet companies seem to be taking a different direction these days.

Realistically there were so many reasons not to add SFTP back in 2005, clearly we made the wrong choice. We're now looking into ways of integrating SFTP into FlashFXP without a rewrite but its a very slow process especially with me being the only developer and I have many other things on my schedule that have a higher priority.

I try to not to bring my personal life into the equation but I got married nov 03' and we had a son in june 06' and as a family man now I have a lot more responsibility and it's taking me a lot longer than I anticipated to get things done with FlashFXP, I've tried really hard to to make things go as smooth as possible but it's been a rough journey. I went from working 80+ hours a week down to about 40 hours a week.

Things will get done, It's just going to take a bit longer.
Hi there,

Totally understandable about the 1-2 punch between a one-man staff and other priorities to deal with! I know how that goes. And congrats! My wife and I are having our first daughter next month so I will be in the same boat as you.

I just downloaded the 3.7.4 beta the other day with SFTP support, and it works AWESOME. FlashFXP continues to be my fav - thanks so much for adding SFTP support. I'm glad I paid for it, I use it every day.

Good luck with the father stuff and keep up the good work on FlashFXP!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 AM   #18
nutsy

Hello,

just a question about SFTP ( which is very important for my society )

I used the beta 3.7.4

Where can I add my private key ??

okay I found !

( must chose SFTP over SSH in connexion type , => connexion ==> public Key auth. )

Thanks

Last edited by nutsy; 09-10-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #19
ArnoudB
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks for adding SFTP support!!! No more WinSCP
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, make, sftp, sites, support

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: