Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
PSI_Orion

Default Email spamming?

I was just wondering, why have I started to receive so many emails informing me of a BETA release of FlashFXP?

1 email I can understand but I'm getting about 4 PER WEEK and have done for about the last 4 or 5 weeks now.

Here is the email I get - is this spam that someone else is sending or do you have an issue with your mailer?

Quote:
New FlashFXP File available

FlashFXP_31_Beta2_Setup.exe

Info: FlashFXP v3.1.11 Build 1070 - PUBLIC BETA 2 RELEASE

This is a BETA release. It contains experimental code that may be unsuitable for production environments. This release also contains extended debug information resulting in increased size. If you are dependent upon FlashFXP in a production environment, but still want to test the beta, we recommend you install to a new directory.

Updates since FlashFXP v3.1.10.1067

Minor bug fixes

Updates since FlashFXP v3.0.2.1045

New Features

Queue right-click menu > Expand Folder. (Only downloads are supported)
Added URL highlighting to Status Window.
Improved queue <> site manager relationships to prevent an invalid queue by renaming or moving a site.
Added Retry Failed Site to Site Transfer Setting.
TCP/IP Download Packet Size setting.
Multi-Proxy Server Manager.
Added new compare folder option "Don't Size Compare ASCII Files" this option excludes ASCII files from the SIZE compare, when Compare Name & Size is selected.
Added SSL Option to "Turn Off Fingerprint checking on Data Connection" some ftp servers that do virtual ftp sites (multiples sites within a site need this off).
Added "Copy Site to Site Manager" right-click option to for quick connect sites in Site Manager Dialog.
Added MODE Z support.
Added new INI only setting to adjust the MODE Z compression level for uploads, under the "[main]" section add "Zlib_Level=value" where value is between 0 and 9.
New bug report wizard, bug reports are now sent via http to our website rather than over email.
Synchronized browsing (On the menu - Directory > Synchronized browsing) or hold ALT while double clicking a folder. Synchronized browsing is only supported in the file listing.

Changes

Updated the ftp list parser to detect UNIX:L8 and override MVS list format when SYST returns MVS.
The raw command dialog (ctrl-r) now shares a command history with the raw command line.
Restructured the Compare Folder option menu, Added Submenu under Tools for changing options.
Separated Retry Failed Upload/Download Transfer Settings.
Removed "Bypass proxy for this connection" option, now obsolete.
Removed "Restore broken transfers" option, now obsolete.
Command line param -restorequeue has been changed so that the temp queue that's loaded is re-used, rather than creating a new temp queue. otherwise you could end up with many temp queue files.
Now when a file is skipped the status message displays "Skip [reason]: filename" reason could be smaller, larger, equal, manual, skiplist, skipall.
Auto fallback on PROT P or PROT C failure with error 534 as defined in RFC 2228.
Implicit SSL now allows the user to turn off SSL for data connections, some ftp servers allow this behavior.
Calculate free space on ftp now allows you to use the current folder selection.
Updated openssl dll’s to 0.9.7e

Fixes

Fixed Drawing issue when moving the mouse over an unchecked checkbox.
A/V when performing "local browser > right click > explorer menu > rename" on the parent directory item.
In the FTP File Search dialog the selection size / count weren't being calculated correctly.
In some instances the Stop/Transfer Queue buttons weren't toggled properly.
In some cases enabling the transfer graph appeared below the statusbar, it should of always appeared above the status bar.
Double clicking the splitter/sizer for the transfer graph will now resize the graph to the default size.
In some rare instances a race condition occured in the socks5 engine causing FlashFXP to lock up.
Fixed a socks5 proxy bug when connecting to a site with Implicit SSL
While FlashFXP is locked to the tray there was a way to circumvent the lock and show the main window, the main window remained locked only allowing view access.
Send/Recv buffer sizes have been fixed, and reset to default values of 8kb/32kb. If you customized these settings, they will need to be reset.
Other minor fixes.

Please report bugs on our support forum http://forum.flashfxp.com

02/21/2005 14:45
BTW, it's from support@inicom.net
Old 02-21-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Normally there should only be one email per-release, one for each release.

However I was asked to update the file on the customer portal today and my Internet Explorer has a bad habit of messing up on me and posting the same file two times. Today the file was duplicated and users were sent two emails. I'm sorry about that.

File notifications can be turned off via the customer portal.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
Linkster
Administrator

i seriously doubt you have been getting 4 per week. The last beta was released almost 1 month ago, at which time you might have gotten one or 2. If you are getting that many, please contact support @ inicom.net, and forward each msg you believe to be spam and we will look into it. Of course, you can disable all file notifications (which are disabled by default btw) within the portal.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #4
PSI_Orion

It won't let me turn off "receive email notification when a new version is released".

I untick the box and click save and bingo, it refreshes and it's ticked again. So I guess saying it's off by default is not true.

Also, I received TWO notifications that I received a reply to my posting!
Old 02-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
I untick the box and click save and bingo, it refreshes and it's ticked again. So I guess saying it's off by default is not true.
no, it is not true.
BY DEFAULT, ie when you 1st create an account it's unchecked. the fact that right now it's kinda doesn't work(same problem here) doesn't affect it's DEFAULT setting, which YOU manually checked.
Quote:
Also, I received TWO notifications that I received a reply to my posting!
again it's your fault for asking msgboard to email you on replies

emails from message board has absolutly nothing to do with 'customer portal'.

Tags
added, download, flashfxp, ftp, site

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: