Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
ivanw
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Directory freeze if SERVER is throttled

Hi Guys. Old CuteFTP user (unhappy) and a mate told me - get flashfxp. I did, so far, great, i don't use FTP much so i don't know a heap, but this is the issue.

Been using this FTP site (serves using CesarFTP) and been going along great for about a week now. Now he needed some bandwidth for other tasks and said i would be throttled (5k), i had no troubles with that.

Now though, if i enter a directory on his FTP (ANY DIR, big or small), Flashfxp will pause while at some random bytes. Like it says at the bottom: listing directory, you'll see it count like 800 bytes, then 1900 bytes then pause. And it will stay paused. I have waited some time and it will not continue. Now i talked to my friend and told him, as a test, take off my the throttle, and what do you know, suddenly it all works again and i can enter any directory i want.
Side note: only dirs freeze. A "cached" dir still loaded fine and resumes files i had already queued and worked fine in throttled mode.

Currently in order to get it working and so he doesn't have to be around to throttle and unthrottle me, i have placed an up/download limit onto MYSELF and he leaves me on unlimited. With myself on 5k everything seems to work ok

I'm using the shareware build 3.0.2 from this site i grabbed about a week ago.

Is there a setting i'm missing, a known bug, maybe even his FTP server, though he says others have been throttled and noone is getting freezed.

Thanks.
Ivan
Old 02-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
Barough
FlashFXP Beta Tester

http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=4745
- LAN (100/100Mbit)
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

it is not a bug in FlashFXP.
if you change absolutly nothing on your end, but server enabled/disable bandwidth cap, and you start to have problems, that means the server is doing something wrong.
i'm sure if you use another ftp client you'll experience similar problem.

server admin will have to contact support to figure out what's wrong.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
ivanw
FlashFXP Registered User

I understand what you saying, and that thought had gone through my mind, but the other users he said are not getting the same issue as me (and possibly all using different FTP programs), so i wondered if there was a config option i could set, maybe this was a common issue and not using FTPs that often, something i may have missed. You know there are lots and lots of little boxes you click can on and off and i wondered if there was something i could do to force a directory read, or something like a safe mode read that was slower but guarenteed to work, i don't know
Old 02-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you want to make sure that it's something in flashfxp(or possibly something else on your end), and not server, try connecting using ftp.exe or even your web browser.

Tags
bytes, directory, flashfxp, ftp, throttled

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: