Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 03:21 AM   #1
Dromidas

Default flashfxp-user@flashfxp.com

Hello, I recently activated a personal ftp server and a couple days later I found someone uploading to it under this user name, my computer seems to think "flashfxp-user@flashfxp.com" is a registered user for uploading on my computer, oddly enough, I was wondering if this was a business or personal user ID or maybe of the site itself?
Thanks

oh, also, I've never given out my ftp server's information (path, port, etc) and the file they're uploading is quite interesting.

"\p 89494 \aux0 \lpt3 \lpt2 \aux \null \com3 \aux0 \prn.hsp.laserjet \aux0 \com1 \com1 \lpt2 \com3 \com2 \ \lpt1 \com1 \com2 \Scan By max1664\Tagg By DHT\Up By DHT\For pow\Here" is the path, the files are "people.part01.rar" through whatever, it's showing as a 730 mb file called "vu people.avi". The upload isn't finished yet, only about half way.

Anyone have any clue what that could be by the way? :P
Old 12-06-2004, 03:34 AM   #2
redpoint

Yeah, stop the anonymous access for your ftp server or at least disable anonymous uploads. This has nothing to do with flash-fxp.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:36 AM   #3
Dromidas

Quote:
Yeah, stop the anonymous access for your ftp server or at least disable anonymous uploads. This has nothing to do with flash-fxp.
It's not that I don't want this to happen, I was merely wondering what sort of user would have the user ID that I listed
I'm going to wait until I see what exactly this is before I decide if it's unwanted or not.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

your site was "pub'ed"
people scan huge ranges of ip address for open(public) ftp sites that allow anon logins and uploads/downloads so they can use them to distribute illegal content.
somebody who found your site configured their scanning software to login with that username.
it has nothing to do with FlashFXP or IniCom.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:38 PM   #5
Dromidas

ah alright, only reason i figured i'd check here was because i don't have flashfxp installed at all (or even heard of it), yet he logged in as that, which i found odd.
Ok well, mystery solved at least :P thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
aux0, ftp, upload, uploading, user

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: