Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:47 PM   #1
AndyDuck
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Where is my reg-key?

I’ve received the confirmation e-mail (receipt) of the purchase from PayPal. It confirms that I’ve paid $25 for a single-user FlashFXP license, and the registration code was then supposed to be automatically e-mailed to my address. This is now 2,5 hours ago and I still havent got the registration code!! My PayPal account shows that the transaction with IniCom is completed though...

Is this normal? How long time does this take? Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
Anders
Old 11-25-2004, 01:16 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Paypal IPN is currently experiencing problems. I'm not sure if the problem has been resolved as of writing this message. Inicom is working on the problem.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:55 AM   #3
Linkster
Administrator

Yes, paypal has actually been experiencing intermittent problems since 11/22.

http://www.paypaldev.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7678

They say it is resolved as of 9:30 PM CST. Be assured that your order has been recorded and we will work to get your keys to you as soon as possible. As it is now a holiday in the US, please be patient. We hope to have all keys regenerated by no later than Monday.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience. It was completely out of our control.

-Joshua
IniCom Networks, Inc.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:52 AM   #4
AndyDuck
FlashFXP Registered User

On MONDAY??!!

People purchasing software licenseses online with credit card **EXPECTS** the license key in hand within **MINUTES**!! $25 is withdrawn from my account - that means you guys have taken my money without giving me my legal owned product!!

WHAT??!! If you KNOW that they have been experiencing problems since 11/22, then WHY do you still take peoples money without informing about the problems and the delays??!! This is just not good enough!

I will think twice before I order any other products online from you again!
Old 11-25-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyDuck
People purchasing software licenseses online with credit card **EXPECTS** the license key in hand within **MINUTES**!! $25 is withdrawn from my account - that means you guys have taken my money without giving me my legal owned product!!
yes, undr normal circumstances people do get their key in minutes after buying it. however as you can see this is not a normal circumstance.

your flashfxp is still fully functional. you'll just get nag screen on startup. on monday you'll get your key and that that nag screen will go away.
don't worry, you did not get scammed.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
AndyDuck
FlashFXP Registered User

This might not be a "normal circumstance" for you, but for me it is! I've bought a product that was told to be delivered instantly upon purchase. I was not warned about the delay, nor did I get any information about it after the transaction was confirmed. First - after 4 hours and finding this forum, someone informs me about the situation upon request...! This is just not good customer service! How would you react if you was faced with this same treatment in a store?: After paying for a product, the clerk doesn't hand you your stuff - and when you ask for it you are told that the product can't be delivered until over the weekend due to server-problems or anything... you'd get pissed, right?

No, my copy of FlashFXP can't be used until I've got the reg-key because the 30-days trial period is out! I need to download some stuff and now I'll have to install another FTP client...

Anders
Old 11-25-2004, 04:57 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

We (or at least me) are not kept up to date on the exact status of PayPal IPN. The first I heard of this problem was right before I replied to your post. Up until then I was not aware of any problem at all.

Unfortunately I am not able to help you with your key, the guys who need to do that aren't around. Hopefully they'll have some time before monday to take care of orders that were delayed due to PayPal's glitch.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:34 PM   #8
customparts_biz

Dont feel bad man. I ordered mine last Sat. So I guess getting your key by Mon is out of the question since today is Thur. I too, will think twice before purchasing here again.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:04 AM   #9
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyDuck
No, my copy of FlashFXP can't be used until I've got the reg-key because the 30-days trial period is out! I need to download some stuff
flashfxp remains fully functional after 30day trial.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:28 AM   #10
Linkster
Administrator

Everyone,

Please, accept our apology. For one, It will be Monday at the LATEST. We will try to get things "re-processed" before then, but PayPal...yes thats right PAYPAL is the one to blame here. We are very frustrated with their support and service. We do TONS of business with them, and this is the thanks we get.

1. We were never warned that paypal was doing an "upgrade" of their IPN system. In fact, they didn't even acknowledge a problem until the 24th, 2 days after they started upgrades.

2. It was not until the 23rd, when people started to report not receiving their keys that we even became aware of any problems. Paypal was processing the transactions normally, and returning NO ERRORS! The problem is their IPN system was returning empty data randomly.

3. This was initially very hard to track down, because some orders were being processed correctly, and others weren't....it just depended on the status of PayPal's system at the time...and like i said, no errors were being returned.

4. I'm sorry this happened at an inopportune time. Normally, we would have a problem like this fixed within hours...however with the holiday, many employees are out of town.

If you had purchased with a credit card (NOT PAYPAL, which we only accept because of its apparent popularity), your order would have been processed normally and instantly.

TECHNOLOGY IS NOT PERFECT. Why does everyone expect things to be perfect everytime they do ANYTHING on their computer? Things happen. When you are at walmart and the cash register is acting up, causing a big line, do you yell at the cashier telling them to FIX IT NOW!? No..you have a little patience, and accept that technology is not perfect, but that the people behind it will do everything they can to rectify the situation.

We take pride in our product, and our service, and we will do everything in our power to rectify this situation as quickly as possible. FlashFXP has a 30 day trial period, with an additional 30 day grace period to make your purchase. You should have plenty of time to use the software while we work this out.

Again, thanks for your patience and understanding.

-Joshua
IniCom Networks, Inc.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:48 AM   #11
J-J
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Linkster i totally agree. People should just sit down for a minute and relax. It's not like people are being scammed or anything. And as MxxCon states, the trial version of FlashFXP is working past the 30 days.

Calm down people. You can be 100% sure that the FlashFXP crew is doing everything possible to help you - but it's out of their hands!

Stay happy! it's almost christmas now

/J-J
Old 11-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #12
customparts_biz

I personally would understand if I had not delt with key locked software before. A key can be generated and emailed to the people who purchased it. I have had software that actually takes info from your computers hardware and creates a key based on that which locks to that system only and never had to wait.

I run a business and deal with glitches all the time, but never does my customer wait for a response like I have. I sent 2 emails and neither of them was replied to stating that a problem was present.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:48 PM   #13
Linkster
Administrator

For those of you still following this thread, the paypal problems have been resolved, and I finished MANUALLY re-processing all orders which were "hung". Anyone who was waiting for their key should have it now. Thanks for your patience regarding this issue...it turned out to be much larger than we originally thought. Oh, and yes...it's before Monday

While I know some of you were frustrated, please understand that we were not even able to get a full list of the "errored" transactions until last night....which is why we didn't email everyone about the delay. We have also improved our logging and debugging routines so that issues like this come to the surface sooner.

Despite the negative comments, I continue to believe we have the absolute best customer service of any company in our industry. Noone likes to work on Sunday, but I believe it was imperitive to get this issue resolved ASAP.

-Joshua
IniCom Networks, Inc.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:37 PM   #14
AndyDuck
FlashFXP Registered User

Thank you! (sorry for having you work on a sunday though...)

Anyways, I've now got my reg-code
Old 11-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #15
customparts_biz

Still have not gotten mine????
Closed Thread

Tags
code, flashfxp, i???ve, paypal, registration

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: