Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 02:22 PM   #1
domin8or

Default auto resuming?

Hi, I have two questions I would like to ask

1. Is there a way to auto resume your download queue when you reconnect to a FTP server? Just so I don't have to click the 'Transfer Queue' button.

2. Me and a friend of mine are both hosting FTP servers on FlashFXP and are both downloading from eachother. However, I'm only downloading on 9-10 KB/s while he's downloading on 60 KB/s. If I cap him to 10 KB/s, my download goes up though. We both have 2000/512 ADSL connections and we're not downloading from anywhere else so I don't know what could be wrong. I have a router but he has a ADSL PCI card in his computer.

We're both using newest FlashFXP v3.0 build 1015

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

1. Load your queue and press the transfer queue button, this will connect and start the transfer all in one click.

2. What if you limit his download speed just below your max upload rate, so if your max speed is 60kb, set it to 55kb. Downloading generates some upload traffic as well and if there isn't any room left to send the traffic it will reduce your speed.

It's possible that you two have some different windows settings. Sites like http://www.dslreports.com or http://www.speedguide.net have tweaks that you can do to improve your internet connection.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, downloading, flashfxp, ftp, kb/s

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: