Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
coleburg

Default Please help, upgrade has ruined everything

I used to use FlashFXP.v2.1.924, I have win xp, and everything was fine, used to transfer to xbox at about 4meg a second.

I then upgraded to a trial version of 3.0.2 and it all went wrong, I could no longer send to my xbox, flashfxp used to lock although it did continue to send to the xbox at about 20kb per second.

I removed 3.0.2 and went back to the previous version and the problem was still there, I then tried to use I.E and that would lock too.

I then tried to send using my mates laptop using the old version to my xbox and it worked fine, the strange thing is that his laptop is on my network!

So, to me it looks like the upgrade has buggered some settings on my pc, but im just a novice and dont have a clue.

Please could someone help me with this and get my transfers up and running again.

Many thanks
Old 11-22-2004, 04:00 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

During installation FlashFXP doesn't make any system changes. I would recommend re-installing FlashFXP into a new location. Maybe there is something wrong with your FlashFXP settings.

Have you made any other changes to your system? Perhaps there is another explaination for these problems.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
coleburg

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried to install to a new location and get the same results.

I have installed other programmes which may have conflicted with it but as I say, im a novice and wouldnt really know what im talking about.

I have sp2, but im sure it has worked since installing that and I have also installed netframework.

Are there hidden ftp settings on a pc that I could change as it has to be a setting on my pc seeing as it works on my friends laptop on my network.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

there are no hidden ftp settings in windows... It might have something to do with installing sp2, but it's hard to say. some people have had problems with sp2 while it works fine with others. not ftp problems but problems in general.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:04 PM   #5
coleburg

so would you suggest i remove sp2?
Old 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I can't recommend that. That's something you're going to have to determine.

I have heard horror stories of having to reinstall windows because uninstalling SP2 didn't go smoothly.

I recommend you do more research and see if you can narrow down the problem.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
coleburg

Ok thanks, I gave it a try (removing sp2) and although there were no problems removing, the ftp problem is still there.

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction as to where i could do the research as I thought that this would be the place, but as it doesnt look like a flashfxp problem I dont know where to try next.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:47 PM   #8
K-LiNeD
ioFTPD Foundation User

I have Windows Sp2 and all works very good. If you got a problems with Sp2, check your setting. I have tried all FlashFxp version with Sp2 and I never seen any problems. Sp2 is pratically the same thing that Sp1 but it is securely. I really don't understand why people have a problems with that.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2004, 07:54 PM   #9
coleburg

No its not SP2 thats the problem as I have just removed it and still have the problem.

Im beginning to think my only option is a format but i really dont want to if i can avoid it.

I just cant understand what has happened, it was working fine and then it all went wrong, I had made several changes at the time to my pc so dont know which buggered it up, ie, upgrade to flashfxp 3.0.2, installed sp2, installed netframework and other programmes so something must have changed something.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:31 PM   #10
bronkx1

I have the same issue...Xp home SP2.

I upgraded and it freezes and takes up 99% of my cpu and will not respond at all.I have to control/alt/del and close it that way.I went back to the old ver but it did not help.Other pcs on network are fine with old vers.Any one find an answer to this yet?
Old 11-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #11
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

bronkx1 your "same issue" is completly different from coleburg's.
so if you want help w/ that, start new thread, provided all the required info and people will look into it.

coleburg, are you running any firwall/antivirus/router/other networking soft?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:06 PM   #12
Joker

try to experiment with the packet size you can find in preferences and you will hopefully see some results.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:12 AM   #13
coleburg

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon
bronkx1 your "same issue" is completly different from coleburg's.
so if you want help w/ that, start new thread, provided all the required info and people will look into it.

coleburg, are you running any firwall/antivirus/router/other networking soft?
I have tried with firewall and anti virus both off, the usb router has not been changed since it was working.

I have also tried changing the packet size but with no luck.

My problem does sound similar to bronkx1´s problem though.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:30 AM   #14
coleburg

something else which is strange, I mentioned that I can ftp from my mates laptop which is on my network to the xbox, well I have just tried now to send a file from my shared docs to the xbox but by using his flashfxp on his laptop and it worked.

Surely this must mean it is a setting on my pc, doesnt it?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:48 AM   #15
coleburg

not sure if this helps at all but, this problem only happens on larger files, it seems ok on very small files.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, lock, send, version, xbox

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: