Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 05:38 AM   #1
wupme
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb Sort Queue after adding enqueue delete

Hi,

i need to download a few hundred folders from a server, and delete them right after download.
I have queue up all the folders for download, and then enqueue them for deleting, but that won't delete any of those before all have been downloaded.
There is no way i can queue every folder for download and deleting manually, i would sit there for hours doing so.

Is there any way to sort the queue with deleting task and download tasks by folder name?
Or any way to queue folders so the deletion gets queued right after the download?

If it was just once, that wouldn't bother me, but its a reoccurring task i have to do

* FlashFXP v5.4, build 3939, registered

I don't think OS, Connection or FTP Server matter in this case.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Depending on the layout of the folders/files you may be able to do something like this using custom commands.

However be warned that deleting the files immediately after download is somewhat risky since any error in transfer and you will not be able to retry the file later.

From the main menu > Commands > Edit Commands.

Then from the Custom commands dialog, add a new command and give it a name, i.e. "queue + delete"

Now set the command to execute the following code
Code:
{
/queue "%p%f"
/delete %p%f
}
You can also assign a shortcut key to this new command, something like Ctrl+Shift+Q (assuming that key combination isn't already used)

Click the OK button to save the changes and close the dialog.

Now select the files/folders you want to queue and run the command,
From the main menu > Commands > queue + delete or if you assigned a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Q

Last edited by bigstar; 09-09-2016 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #3
wupme
FlashFXP Registered User

Hello,

thanks this seems to do exactly what i want on in my test folder (empty folder with a few folders named test_1 test_2 and so on)
But on the "working" folder its only working on some folders.

I figure it has to do with the folder names.
Some contain one or more of the following special characters.

Code:
[ ] ( ) &
For example

Quote:
(September-2016) - Foldersomethingsomething
(September & August 2016) - Foldersomethingsomething [ FAILED ]
On those it only seems to queue up the delete command, but not the download itself.
Is there any way to fix that?
If not i might be able to replace those special characters accessing the machine via putty.
Would be an extra step every time, but still save me loads of time.

Also no clue how i used FlashFXP since at least a decade and didn't knew about the ability to create own commands
Old 09-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Sorry about that, I should of tested my example on a folder with spaces, I suspect that was causing the issue.

Please try this revised command
Code:
{
/queue "%p%f"
/delete %p%f
}
I noticed that /queue requires a double-quoted path+name if it contains a space, however /delete doesn't and attempting to double-quote the path+name for /delete fails to strip off the double-quotes, so make sure you copy it as written.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
wupme
FlashFXP Registered User

That has fixed it, all folder are added with a delete command right after the download.

Thanks so much again!
Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, folders, ftp, queue

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: