Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:10 AM   #1
mcchalk

Default FlashFXP package (for linux)

I noticed that someone (a long time ago) created a package to work on linux. Does anyone know if the scheduling will work? i have the latest version working on Linux but adding a schedule just throws up an error and i really need to add a schedule.

Also are there any plans for an official version for Linux?
Old 10-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This unofficial package was created by a user on their own.

I personally never used or tested the package so I do not exactly know how it worked, but I suspect it was bundled with wine.

The Wine team has just recently started work on adding support for Windows Task Scheduler, at the moment this is far from complete and in the latest version is still not usable.

You would not be able to use the integrated task scheduling under linux until Wine catches up, even then it may not work 100% since the task scheduler would need to be running 24/7 for this to work, I am not sure how they plan on doing this.

You could schedule tasks via crontab to run FlashFXP passing the desired command line switches.

There are no immediate plans for a native linux version of FlashFXP.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #3
mcchalk

thanks for the reply.

I suspect trying to schedule it via crontab to run a task every 5 minutes with resume function will not be easy! not for me anyway
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, linux, schedule, work, version, package, plans, official, error, throws

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: