Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Snappy Phoenix
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs down There is an issue with the download

I am not able to download the latest FlashFXP 5.0 Built 3775 when I click download the page just reloads without any download taking place. Both for the portable and full version

Old 10-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
Snappy Phoenix
FlashFXP Registered User

ok it seems to be working now

Old 10-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I had removed the build number from the download link and tested the changes but apparently my web browser cached the result, leaving me to believe everything was working correctly. Its fixed now.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
Snappy Phoenix
FlashFXP Registered User

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I had removed the build number from the download link and tested the changes but apparently my web browser cached the result, leaving me to believe everything was working correctly. Its fixed now.
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Now there is a problem with the portable version

I have never used or even known there is a portable version before, so this time I tried it, it downloaded an EXE which extracted to my desktop (I would've preferred if the download was a *.ZIP but anyway)

After the extraction to the desktop, I double clicked on flashfxp.exe from that folder then tried to enter my license key it gave me an error message saying that the profile cannot be saved (if I remember correctly)

Try it on your system please and see if it works, this is a clean windows 7 SP1 x64 installation and I didn't have anything installed yet, not even an antivirus

So I gave up on it and installed the full version which worked just fine.

Just wanted to let you know

Old 10-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXimus View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Now there is a problem with the portable version

I have never used or even known there is a portable version before, so this time I tried it, it downloaded an EXE which extracted to my desktop (I would've preferred if the download was a *.ZIP but anyway)

After the extraction to the desktop, I double clicked on flashfxp.exe from that folder then tried to enter my license key it gave me an error message saying that the profile cannot be saved (if I remember correctly)

Try it on your system please and see if it works, this is a clean windows 7 SP1 x64 installation and I didn't have anything installed yet, not even an antivirus

So I gave up on it and installed the full version which worked just fine.

Just wanted to let you know
Thank you for your bug report.

I have released a new build to address this issue (5.0.0.3776)

This issue was caused by one of the changes in the new build
Improved the method and logic behind the "application password protection" feature to lock all data files during the switch between encrypted <> non-encrypted mode. When sharing the data files with other machines or syncing via apps such as drop-box, BitTorrent Sync, etc. could result in mis-matched files where some data files were encrypted and some are not. This was only an issue when multiple copies of FlashFXP were running across different machines and the "application password protection" was set, password changed, or turned off.
One rather important condition that I missed while testing was to verify the behavior of new installations where the data files don't exist yet. This of course triggered a false positive resulting in this mishap.

If there's a demand for a zipped (no installer) release of the portable edition I will consider making one available.

The reason I use an exe is so that I can use the same installer package for new installs as well as updates, otherwise updates would need to be done manually.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #6
Snappy Phoenix
FlashFXP Registered User

Thank you very much for the fast response!

Last question though since this is the first time I use the portable version. When there is an upgrade, how is it done? does it do it automatically? or do I have to download the new portable version

also, if I do download the latest portable version when released, how do I copy the settings of my current FlashFXP portable and saved login to my site into the new portable version I have just downloaded?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Thank you very much for the fast response!

Last question though since this is the first time I use the portable version. When there is an upgrade, how is it done? does it do it automatically? or do I have to download the new portable version
The default setting is to check for updates every 7 days, this can be controlled from the Preferences dialog under the General > LiveUpdate section.

When an update is detected a prompt will appear asking you if you want to download the update, once downloaded click run update and FlashFXP will close, install the update, and restart.

Quote:
also, if I do download the latest portable version when released, how do I copy the settings of my current FlashFXP portable and saved login to my site into the new portable version I have just downloaded?
Its best to let FlashFXP handle the updates directly, if you want to manually check for an update this can be done via the main menu > Help > Check for new version..

You can also backup/restore all of your FlashFXP settings and site profiles via the Backup/Restore configuration feature; this feature can be found via the main menu > Tools > Backup/Restore Configuration.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
Snappy Phoenix
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks a lot chief! keep up the great work on this great FTP client!

As I always say, you get what you pay for, I am a person who doesn't like anything FREE because paid apps work so much better and this is one example with excellent support!

Closed Thread

Tags
download, flashfxp, page, reloads, taking

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: