Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
roboticsguy
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Can selective transfer be a per-site option?

I see that there's a Rule Set option in Selective Transfer, which I assume allows you to create different profiles, but is there any way to link a profile to a specific website so that the rules change automatically depending on which site has been opened?

The reason I ask is that for one of my websites all of the JS files are minified, so I want to skip all files that end in .js and allow all files that end in .min.js (if that's possible?).

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
I see that there's a Rule Set option in Selective Transfer, which I assume allows you to create different profiles, but is there any way to link a profile to a specific website so that the rules change automatically depending on which site has been opened?
No, however starting with FlashFXP v5.0 build 3730 (pending release) a rule set can be loaded via a raw command and this makes it possible to load a specific rule set per site via the "perform these commands after login" feature.

Code:
/loadstr <name of rule set>
One draw back to this solution is that once you load a rule set using this method the rule set remains active until you change it, regardless of which site you're connected to.

Selective transfer rule sets were created to allow fine grain rules that can be manually switched on the fly, or used with scheduled transfers or advanced transfer queues.

If you're planing on creating a re-usable queue (saving it to a file and then using it for future uploading) you can assign a selective transfer rule to each individual item in the queue, this is done by right-clicking on the item in the queue window and selecting Edit from the menu. Once you've completed your changes save the queue to a file and then run it to make sure it works as intended.

Quote:
The reason I ask is that for one of my websites all of the JS files are minified, so I want to skip all files that end in .js and allow all files that end in .min.js (if that's possible?).
I might have a better solution for you, this requires FlashFXP v5.0 which is currently under active development and you'll find public beta releases available via our website.

Use the per site skip list feature with a PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) pattern to skip files ending in .js while still allowing .min.js

To use PCRE in the skip list you use the syntax rx: <pattern>

A quick google search gave me the following pattern, which appears to work as expected with test.js skipped and test.min.js transferred.
Code:
rx: (?:(?!-min)[\w-]{4}|^[\w-]{1,3})\.js$
I plan on releasing FlashFXP v5.0 build 3730 later today and it will be available here
Old 06-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
roboticsguy
FlashFXP Registered User

I realize this is a bit of late reply (OK, understatement ), but I wanted to let you know I tried your suggestion and it didn't work for me.

I just tried it again with the latest version of the 5.0 beta (build 3743) by going to Sites->Site Manager->[my website]->Transfer->Custom Skip List, and then adding "rx: (??!-min)[\w-]{4}|^[\w-]{1,3})\.js$" as the mask and "Name of File" under Compare.

That is what you were suggesting, correct?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
roboticsguy
FlashFXP Registered User

Do you have any idea why your regex would work for you but not for me? Are there any other settings that need to be changed? I tried it again as described in my previous post in v5.0.0 build 3748 and it doesn't work unfortunately.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

While trying to figure out why it doesn't work for you I noticed that if the global skiplist is disabled then the per-site skiplist is also disabled, even when it should be. I will address this issue in the next update, until then enable the global skiplist and see if that resolves the problem for you.

Main Menu > Filters > Skip list tab

[x] Enable Skip list

Click the apply button
Old 07-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There's a new v5.0 build to resolve the issue that requires the global skiplist to be enabled.

You'll want to make sure either the global skiplist is enabled or the per-site enable skip-list setting is checked.

Last edited by bigstar; 07-10-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:25 AM   #7
roboticsguy
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks so much for your help. I installed the latest build, but unfortunately it's still not working for me. I tried adding the regex in the per-site skip list as well as in the global skiplist, but it still doesn't work. Here are the settings in case I'm doing something wrong:

I also tried closing and re-opening FlashFXP, but .js files are still transferred.

I'm sure you don't have a lot of time to keep working on this, but if you have any other suggestions or ideas that would be great.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The only other thing that I can think of is the "When to skip" setting.

Are you directly selecting the .js files or are they within a folder that you've queued for transfer?

If you are directly selecting the .js files then they wont be skipped when "Automatic File Transfers" is selected.

Automatic File Transfers

An automatic transfer occurs when FlashFXP en-queues nested files or folders within a folder that was manually queued.

Manual File Transfers
A manual transfer occurs when the user interactively queues or transfers an item.

Both
The skip list is applied to automatic and manual transfers.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #9
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Use https://www.debuggex.com/ to figure out if your regex is not working. In the dropdown make sure you select PCRE.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
roboticsguy
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
The only other thing that I can think of is the "When to skip" setting.

Are you directly selecting the .js files or are they within a folder that you've queued for transfer?
That was it! When testing your regex I was just dragging single files over. I changed the setting to "Both" and now it's working

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help with this, thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
end, files, option, selective, transfer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: