Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
dr_manian
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Adding to queue "annoyance"

Am i the only one who finds that the adding to queue behavior sux?

Running latest Flashfxp, we all know how the selection cursor remains at the very bottom of the queue by default, right?

Well if you happen to have a bunch of stuff tagged in the queue and you happen to change the order of it and you leave the selection cursor where it's at instead of bringing it back at the very bottom/last selection, next time you add something to your current queue the priority will be based on the selection cursor position in the queue and not at the following order of the next file.

I think it's weird as whenever i tag stuff i generally tag what i wanna download first.

Am i the only person who's weird like that around here?

PS: <3 bigstar for the best FTP client... ever.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
dr_manian
FlashFXP Registered User

Let me add to that behavior that even if after you've "corrupted" the position of the selection cursor in the queue, if you happen to switch the order of entries and start download, it seems to totally forget about that last move and just reset as first whatever was just unset.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Are you referring to FlashFXP v4.x or v5.x?

Quote:
Running latest Flashfxp, we all know how the selection cursor remains at the very bottom of the queue by default, right?
By default the queue has no cursor selection, the first time the queue window is focused the first item becomes selected.

Quote:
Well if you happen to have a bunch of stuff tagged in the queue and you happen to change the order of it
How are you changing the order of it?

Quote:
next time you add something to your current queue the priority will be based on the selection cursor position
Are you referring to the priority list when you say the priority?

Quote:
I think it's weird as whenever i tag stuff i generally tag what i wanna download first.
What do you mean by "tag"?

Items are always added to the end of the queue, the cursor selection has absolutely no impact on this.

Say you have 20 items selected in the file list, those 20 items are added to the queue based on the order they are shown, not the order that you select them. If you want them added to the queue in a specific order you'd be better off adding them to the queue one by one.

Either there is a glaring bug that no one else has noticed or something isn't working right for you.

I am not entirely sure I understand everything you said, without some clarification it is difficult to know exactly what is going on. Perhaps you could post a video or some pics and try to explain the problem more clearly.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
dr_manian
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Are you referring to FlashFXP v4.x or v5.x?
I would like to think that by "running latest" i meant v5.x. I will however confirm that later.

Quote:
By default the queue has no cursor selection, the first time the queue window is focused the first item becomes selected.
Pardon my inability to properly define the elements of a GUI, being a very incapable coder... And you are right, the "cursor selection" i was talking about only goes into effect after clicking in the queue.

Quote:
How are you changing the order of it?
Using the mouse.

Quote:
Are you referring to the priority list when you say the priority?
I am refering to the priority of the queue, always. Not of the file orders from the preferences. My request only focusses on the "frontend" of the software and none of the configurations/options.

Quote:
What do you mean by "tag"?
ALT+Q is what i'm talking about or a simple drag & drop over the queue using the mouse gives the same unwanted result. I however, 99% of the times, use ALT+Q.

Quote:
Items are always added to the end of the queue, the cursor selection has absolutely no impact on this.
That's the thing, it does not, until you start messing with the order. Then it just forgets about my previously mentionned "priority". I am aware it shouldn't have a impact but it does, hence this request

Quote:
Say you have 20 items selected in the file list, those 20 items are added to the queue based on the order they are shown, not the order that you select them. If you want them added to the queue in a specific order you'd be better off adding them to the queue one by one.
That is also the problem I'm trying to word out. That order just goes FUBAR after I clicked/reordered the enqueued elements.

Quote:
Either there is a glaring bug that no one else has noticed or something isn't working right for you.
That wouldn't be a first I'm the only party reporting something like that. Especially something that unique/minor. Mind you, I've been using your software for over a decade therefore I have become a very picky user.

Quote:
I am not entirely sure I understand everything you said, without some clarification it is difficult to know exactly what is going on. Perhaps you could post a video or some pics and try to explain the problem more clearly.
I will gladly do so given my previous explanations weren't clear enough.

Thanks,
Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please let me know the exact version/build of FlashFXP and Windows that you're using.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:15 AM   #6
dr_manian
FlashFXP Registered User

Good morning,

Running v4.4.4 (build 2043) on a W7 Pro fully patched.

Well, aside from the last KBs that were pushed last week by M$ (But this annoyance has been around since *AT LEAST* january 2014...)

Thanks,
Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Silly question but I would assume that you are not clicking on the queue list column header, is that correct?

Since clicking on the column header would undo any manual sorting you've done to the queue list.

When you are re-ordering the queue (using drag/drop from within the queue list to move the items) are you doing it while a transfer is in progress? If yes, what type of transfer, upload, download, or site to site?

So far I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

But is is my understanding that the situation is as followed, please let me know if this is not accurate.

You add X amount of items into the queue. At this point the order is correct, right?
You re-order some of the items within the queue by selecting them and using drag/drop to re-order.
You add X more items into the queue. This is where it glitches and these new items are not added to the end of the queue, is this right?

If this is not correct can you please correct it.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Silly question but I would assume that you are not clicking on the queue list column header, is that correct?

Since clicking on the column header would undo any manual sorting you've done to the queue list.

When you are re-ordering the queue (using drag/drop from within the queue list to move the items) are you doing it while a transfer is in progress? If yes, what type of transfer, upload, download, or site to site?

So far I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

But is is my understanding that the situation is as followed, please let me know if this is not accurate.

You add X amount of items into the queue. At this point the order is correct, right?
You re-order some of the items within the queue by selecting them and using drag/drop to re-order.
You add X more items into the queue. This is where it glitches and these new items are not added to the end of the queue, is this right?

If this is not correct can you please correct it.
Closed Thread

Tags
cursor, download, flashfxp, queue, selection

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: