Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Gamer24

Default FXP 50 Times

I recently transferred over to FlashFXP from FTPRush due to the development of FTPRush coming to a halt. One of the bigger features of FTPRush that I used was the option to FXP 50 times. If I was transferring files from my computer to a server, I could open another window and connect to that server again as well as another server, select FXP 50 times, and it would transfer the files to the 2nd server while they were still transferring. In essence, it kept checking the files for new data transferred available to transfer again until it was all sent. Does FlashFXP have a feature like this that I'm not finding or has it not been implemented yet? Is there something similar?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Open another instance of FlashFXP, connect to your servers and then queue up directory where you are transferring files to. You can queue up the same item multiple times by holding down SHIFT.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
Gamer24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon View Post
Open another instance of FlashFXP, connect to your servers and then queue up directory where you are transferring files to. You can queue up the same item multiple times by holding down SHIFT.
When I queue up what I want to transfer with the shift key, it will send the files while they're transferring to the first server and automatically update as more data is transferred? It works the same way as the "FXP 50 Times feature"?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Does FlashFXP have a feature like this that I'm not finding or has it not been implemented yet? Is there something similar?
No, FlashFXP doesn't have a feature like this.

Quote:
It works the same way as the "FXP 50 Times feature"?
No, It probably wont work exactly the same, if it works at all.

However I know nothing about how the FXP 50 times feature works so I am just guessing based on what you explained, though it is unclear exactly what this feature does or how exactly it works.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
Gamer24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
No, FlashFXP doesn't have a feature like this.

No, It probably wont work exactly the same, if it works at all.

However I know nothing about how the FXP 50 times feature works so I am just guessing based on what you explained, though it is unclear exactly what this feature does or how exactly it works.
Is it possible for a feature like "FXP 50 Times" to be included in a future FlashFXP release? Should I post this in the suggestions section?

This is what the code for FTPRush for the 'FTP 50 Times' feature is:

RushApp.UI.Menu.Remote.Add('', 'FXP it 50 times',2,'').OnClick :='RefreshAndFXPManyTimes';
Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

While this is not a specific option in FlashFXP the main part of the feature can be duplicated simply enough (this feature in FTPrush in far more robust in other parts of the command / scripting interface).

*The first method (as mentioned already) is to manually add the folder to the queue X times (ctrl+shift+q). FlashFXP refreshes both source and destination sites at the start of each iteration (due to cwd's) and will therefor see any changes between each iteration.

*The second method is to generate a .fqf (queue file) and initiate the transfer using the command line options provided. This method allows automation and will act internally the same as above.
Closed Thread

Tags
files, flashfxp, fxp, server, times

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: