Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
dirtdirt

Default Synchronized Browsing between two local directories

I would very much like to use FlashFXP to transfer files between two local directories (networked drives.) I can access the directories, one in either panel, and I can transfer files between them at will, but I can not enable Synchronized Browsing between them. The option is grayed out.

Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

You should be able to enable it via the main menu > Directory > Synchronized browsing

I just tested this with the latest version and it seemed to work correctly for me.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
dirtdirt

Thanks very much for your reply.

When I do that I get the same directory in each pane. I want it to be just like when I connect to an FTP site - I have my stage directory in the left pane (a local directory) and the production site in the right (an FTP site). When I click, say, the images directory in the left the pane on the right goes into its images directory.

Now I have a production site on a network share. So both panes are 'local'. The "synchronized browsing" button is grayed out in the bookmarks dialogue, and when I set up one directory in left and the other in right, and enable "synchronized browsing" in the way you mentioned, when I click on a directory in either pane both windows populate to that same directory, not the two mirrors on two drives.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Local bookmarks are only allow defining a local and remote path, for this to work with synchronized browsing the bookmark would need to be capable of supporting two local folders and currently this is not possible. This is something we can consider for future releases but there are currently no immediate plans to change this.

Further investigation on this issue has revealed that synchronized browsing does not work as expected in the FlashFXP v4.x code base, both local panes switch to the identical path in both browsers when changing directories. This appears to be a design limitation in v4.x, This limitation does not appear in FlashFXP v5.x. There are no plans to backport these specific changes to v4.x.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
dirtdirt

I've downloaded 5.0 and it functions exactly as I want it to! Thank you so much for your help!

Is there a timeline for moving 5.0 out of beta?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdirt View Post
I've downloaded 5.0 and it functions exactly as I want it to! Thank you so much for your help!

Is there a timeline for moving 5.0 out of beta?
You're welcome

There was a timeline but unfortunately we missed our release date.
Closed Thread

Tags
directories, files, flashfxp, synchronized, transfer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: