Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
Centinela

Question Weird Directory Listing Problem!

* FlashFXP v[4.4.3], build [2029], [ ]registered, [X]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] Windows 8, [ ] Windows 7, [X] WinXP, [ ] Other (specify)
* Running behind hardware router/firewall [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [] No, [X] Not sure
* Running software firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [X] No
* Internet Connection [X] DSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Other(specify)

additional info if related
* FTP server(s) name [ ], version [ ]
* timestamped, and side prefixed server log
* screen shot if necessary.
* any other info

Hi, I'm working with FTP transfers between Windows workstations and a IBM's z/VSE Mainframe on a daily basis, till now I do it with a batch file, which has the login data and some common parameters for the copying process of the files with Windows' FTP CLI program; some weeks ago, I realized I could do the same tasks through a GUI based FTP program, so I tried FlashFXP. The thing is, despite I can connect correctly to the server, I'm not able to see its content at all, as if directory listing were failing although the connection log doesn't come up with anything strange as far as I can see.

On the other hand, I'm still able to perform the common tasks I want and even see the whole server's contents, using the Windows' CLI FTP program. So, I'm not able to use FlashFXP neither the basic Windows Explorer to work with this server, but only the prompt's FTP client. Is that specific restriction possible to use from a FTP server?

Regards.

P.S. I have the FlashFXP's and CLI FTP connection logs if needed, I didn't posted them above because they have some private information inside:[/B]
Old 12-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Connect to your site then go to "Directory" menu and select "View Raw Directory".
Do you see anything there?
If so, paste it here so that Bigstar can take a look at it to make sure FlashFXP can properly parse that list.
Also in site manager select entry for your site, Options tab, "List Command". Try MLSD to see if that will work instead of regular LIST command.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Since the connection log and directory listing might contain sensitive information I sent you a private message with additional information.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
Centinela

Hi, I tried to get the raw directory listing log, but it is simply empty. I already tried many different configurations parameters, including the different listing options, but still the same. By the way, I already sent the logs to bigstar.

Regards.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Centinela

It turned out, FTP's admins set it to use specific commands, out of the standard, so that's why FlashFXP as well others clients aren't working with it.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, server, windows, [x]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: