Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
ThekillingGoku

Default Download slow

Heya guys

Was trying out your software to replace my FileZilla after it screwed me over by losing my whole download queue earlier and the general annoyances I've got with that app.
Now, first thing I noticed was that download using the FlashFXP client's very slow.

I compared the download speed to my most commonly used FTP site between the 2 and the difference is tenfold, so quite severe.

Am I missing something?

P.S. I tried both 4 and 5 beta. I'm connecting in active mode and left other settings default although I did try messing with the buffers a bit to see if it helped, but no luck.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
ThekillingGoku

Default Slow transfer

Heya guys

Was trying out your software to replace my FileZilla after it screwed me over by losing my whole download queue earlier and the general annoyances I've got with that app.
Now, first thing I noticed was that download using the FlashFXP client's very slow.

I compared the download speed to my most commonly used FTP site between the 2 and the difference is tenfold, so quite severe.

Am I missing something?

P.S. I tried both 4 and 5 beta. I'm connecting in active mode and left other settings default although I did try messing with the buffers a bit to see if it helped, but no luck.

* FlashFXP v[4].[4], build [1990], [ ]registered, [X]unregistered (still trying latest version), [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] Windows 8, [ ] Windows 7, [ ] WinXP, [X] Other (specify)
* Running behind hardware router/firewall [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [ ] No, [X] Not sure
* Running software firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Avira] or [ ] No
* Internet Connection [X] DSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Other(specify)

... Updated post, since I can't edit the old one I submitted a new one, this time with the version info I forgot to copy/paste.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

What is your definition of "severe"?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Changing the TCP/IP buffer size is not instant, did you reconnect to the server after changing the value? I will admit that this isn't obvious.

Also from my personal experience WinXP is a bit of a pot luck when it comes to good transfer speeds, Sometimes smaller buffer sizes work better and other times larger buffer sizes, it just depends on the machine.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
ThekillingGoku

Yes, I did try reconnecting after tinkering around with the settings.
As for 'severe' I mean an average of 60-80KB using Flash and an average of 800+KB (my connection limit basically) using FZ on the same location and machine.

Btw, I also tried forcing active mode transfer (PORT) in the site manager settings, but to no avail.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Active or Passive modes make absolutely no difference in transfer speed.

Tags
beta, download, flashfxp, ftp, slow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: