Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
fdeutsch
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Update/Upgrade Issues

I am using the following

FlashFXP 4.3.1 (build 1978)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit
SonicWall TZ170 Router
AVG Internet Security 2013 Firewall
AVG Internet Security 2013 AV
20 MBit Cable

I upgraded from 3.6.0 Build 1240. Download page said removing old version was not necessary (https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download).

Started setup and there was no option of "upgrade" so now I have both versions installed and nothing in Control Panel as far as removing 3.6.0 - Can I just manually delete the old folder ?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Welcome to the forums.

Technically the upgrade from 3.x to 4.x should work like you have detailed, it is by design. I cant remember anymore the exact reasons why its done this way, but it is.

I believe that the prior versions that the download page refer to are v4 versions not 3.x versions. v4 to newer v4 updates/upgrades should work without these "incidents".
Also v4 has a automatic update Navigation: Main Window > Dialogs > Preferences > General > and depending on your settings it will notify you, and if you decide to upgrade it will download and install new version seamlessly.

Your sites and settings from 3.x should have been automatically detected and imported to 4.x if not look at this https://oss.azurewebsites.net/forum/flashf...-v3-x-4-a.html

If your new installation is working properly and everything is imported and you want to remove v3 make a backup of the settings via Options menu > Backup / Restore configurations > Backup, then if your sure the 3.6 uninstaller is not present you can remove its folders and registry entries.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
fdeutsch
FlashFXP Registered User

X3 - Thank you for the response. There was a "Uninstaller.exe" in the old folder but it appears to be an installer, at no point did it offer me an option to remove. The newer version is working fine, all settings were migrated over. I will manually delete the old folder and any registry entries I find as you mentioned. Thanks again.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

The 3.x being kept is normal because your upgrading between major versions. However why your add/remove entry for 3.6 was removed when you upgraded, idk, maybe a installer glitch because the 4.3.1 build 1978 uses a brand new installer which was introduced after 4.2.

Its not really an issue since everything got imported correctly.

The installers are often also unistallers and vice-versa and when ran it should offer you a option to remove, though tbh Im not familiar with 3.6 installer anymore.

enjoy.

Tags
2013, 3.6.0, download, flashfxp, security

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: